Legal Officer Job Office Of The Controller Of Budget
Legal Officer Job, Legal Jobs 2020,
The Office of the Controller of Budget is an independent office established under Article 228 of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 to oversee and report on the implementation of the budgets of the National and County Governments to each House of Parliament every four months.
Pursuant to Article 252 (1) (c) of the Constitution, the OCOB seeks to recruit qualified and competent staff to fill the following vacant positions.
LEGAL OFFICER: COB 6: 1 POSITION
Reporting to the Manager Legal Services, this position is responsible for implementation of legal policies, systems and procedures and undertake research on legal matters.
- Prepare contract documents, leases and agreements between the office and other stakeholders and monitor legal obligations under the agreement to ensure compliance;
- Preparation of court pleadings and attending to court matters;
- Maintain a comprehensive database of all legal matters with up to date status reports;
- Implement legal policies, procedures and ensure delivery of the strategy under the set timeless;
- Prepare and submit monthly monitoring reports and other periodic or special legal reports;
- Undertake research on legal matters and prepare legal opinions;
- Draft and/or review legal documents, instruments and monitor legal obligations
- Advise on statutory compliance;
- Assist in formulation, implementation and or amendment of office policies;
- Any other relevant duties assigned by the Manager Legal Services from time to time
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Law from a recognized university;
- A Post Graduate Diploma from Kenya School of Law;
- Must have a valid practicing certificate
- Must be well versed with the Constitution of Kenya;
- Must have at least 5 years’ experience in legal practice
ALL APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING REQUIRED SKILLS AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Leadership Skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Team Player
- Must be well versed with the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 and Public Finance Management Act,
- Meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya,
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
The successful candidate for the position of Chief Manager Supply Chain Management will be appointed on a three (3) year renewable contract term. All other positions will be appointed on permanent and pensionable terms of service. Successful candidates will be offered a competitive remuneration package.
How to Apply
Qualified interested candidates should submit their applications quoting the job title on both the envelope and the cover letter.
Enclose a detailed and up-to-date curriculum vitae, indicating your current remuneration, home county, e-mail address and reliable daytime telephone contacts, together with copies of your certificates, testimonials and national identity card. You should also provide the names of two referees who must be familiar with your previous work/academic experience indicating their telephone, postal and email addresses. Please note that it is a criminal offence to provide false information and documents in the job application.
Candidates shortlisted for interviews for the above positions will be required to submit the following;
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigation
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
Applications should be sent by post or hand delivered to our Office addressed to:
The Controller of Budget
Bima House 12th Floor, Harambee Avenue.
P.O Box 35616-00100 Nairobi
so as to reach the Office of the Controller of Budget NOT LATER THAN 14th July, 2020 AT 5.00PM.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Office of the Controller of Budget is an equal opportunity employer.