Librarian at Bondo Technical and Vocational College
BTTI is a newly established TVET institution constructed with funds from the Kenya Government. It is located in a serine environment conducive for learning about 5Km from Bondo town along the Bondo – Misori road. BTTI offers courses at Diploma, Craft and Artisan level in the following trade areas: Building and Civil Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Business Studies and Information Communication Technology.
This position is responsible for effective management of the Library and reports to the principal. The position will also be responsible for efficient provision of circulation services to all Library users.
Key Qualifications :
- A minimum of Diploma in Library and Information Sciences or its equivalent qualification
- At least four (3) years working experience in an academic Library
- Must be a registered member of Kenya Library Association (KLA)
- Must be Computer Literate
- Manage staff in the library
- Coordinate Library activities and services
- Performance appraisal of Library staff
- Coordinate Income Generation activities in the library
- Undertake stocktaking and weeding old and mutilated books
- Plan, coordinate and control service delivery processes in the library
- Implement Library policies
- Maintain Library inventory and equipment
- Prepare book pockets/cards and affix them on relevant books and spine mark
- Issue and receive library materials.
- Implement performance targets for the library staff and report results
- Undertake budget preparation and harmonization for the Library.
- Promote use and application of Information Communication Technologies (ICT) to all staff and users (such as automation and digitization of services (eLibrary).
- Ensure continuous evaluation of library services.
- Carry out administrative and other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.
The post Librarian at Bondo Technical and Vocational College appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.