Librarian Jobs, Latest Librarian Jobs 2020, Bukura College Jobs
ONE (1) POST V/NO.6/2020
Salary Scale: Ksh.57,120 – Ksh.76,830 p.m.
Terms of Service: Permanent & Pensionable
Requirements for Appointment: –
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have; –
- Bachelor’s Degree in Library Studies or Information Science or a related and equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Membership to Kenya Library Association;
- Certificate in Computer application skills; and
- Meets the provisions of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
Duties and Responsibilities: –
- Catalogue newly acquired library material by providing multiple access points to facilitate retrieval;
- Assist in the classification of newly acquired information material by assigning class number for purposes of shelving and retrieval;
- Undertake abstracting by preparing summaries of articles, reports and other publication to facilitate understanding;
- Index journal articles by assigning descriptors to facilitate easy retrieval.
- Acquisition new information material by identifying, selecting, ordering processing, organizing in line with user needs to meet the current information gaps;
- Provide information to aid in preparation of library reports and works programmes by listing activities undertaken by the library to provide information for decision making by the management;
- Conduct current awareness services by display of and/or sending to inform users of new acquisitions.
- Update electronic database by adding new records into the systems to ensure availability, integrity and security of data and information;
- Carry out user profiling to facilitate provision of selective dissemination of information (SDI) that will meet the needs of various users;
- Carry out annual inventory of library resources by physically ascertaining their availability and condition to identify existing gaps; and
- Conduct information literacy by inducting new members on use of library resources to enable them be independent users.
How To Apply
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the positions shown below.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to apply to the: –
Bukura Agricultural College,
P.O Box 23-50105
- Applicants should attach certificates, Curriculum Vitae and cover letter quoting the position and the reference Number on the envelope. It is an offence to give incorrect information in the application. Details of academic and professional certificates not obtained by closure of the advert should not be included.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and Clearance certificates during interviews.
- It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates/documents.
- Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
- Bukura Agricultural College is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution – Chapter 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenyans diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and persons with disabilities.
PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Applications should reach the College on or before 29th May, 2020 latest 5.00 pm
(East African Time)