Library Assistant Job KNBS – Career Point Kenya
Library Assistant Jobs, Current Librarian Jobs, KNBS Jobs
Job Title: Library Assistant
KNBS: Level 8
No. of Posts: 1
Basic Salary: Kshs. 46,500 – Kshs. 70,500
House Allowance: Kshs. 8,000
Commuter Allowance: Kshs. 8,000
Reporting to the Librarian the jobholder will be responsible for undertaking activities in the Library.
- Registering library users;
- Providing circulation desk services;
- Shelving library materials;
- Operating a Current Awareness Service;
- Providing reference services to library users;
- Circulating and tracking of serials;
- Providing reference service to library users;
- Cataloguing and Classifying information resources;
- Charging and discharging Library materials;
- Stamping and accessioning of new information materials;
- Any other duties assigned by the
- Diploma in any of the following disciplines: – Library and Information Science; Library and Information Studies; Library studies or any other related qualification from a recognized institution;
- Certificate in computer applications from a recognized
How To Apply
Applicants should fill and submit hard copies of the employment application form Ref. KNBS/F/93/29 attached. Submit copies of academic, professional and other relevant certificates, transcripts and testimonials.
The reference number for the post applied for should be clearly marked on the envelope and addressed to:
The Director General
Kenya National Bureau of Statistics P. O. Box 30266 – 00100
Real Towers, Upper Hill, 4th floor Hospital Road
Applications must be received not later than 30th June, 2020 and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
KENYA NATIONAL BUREAU OF STATISTICS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.