Litigation Advocate Jobs, Latest Legal Jobs, Gap Recruitment Jobs
Title: Litigation Advocate
Salary: Competitive based on experience
Our client is a Commercial and Conveyancing Law firm based in Nairobi, seeking to recruit a competent individual to fill the role of a Litigation Advocate.
The advocate will be expected to handle variety of complex legal matters and ensure the department discharges its function as per expected service standard.
- Drafting and reviewing of litigation documents including pleadings, notices, affidavits & correspondence.
- Provide legal opinions and advice on any areas in law arising in civil & commercial litigation
- Attend court to represent client and generate reports on various court matters
- Conducting negotiations with a view to settling potentially litigious matters in the best interest of the client;
- Developing client relationships and actively building on experiences that support theclient needs;
- Preparation of quality legal pleadings in line with client’s instructions and within the set timelines as well as observing and managing the processes;
- Research on diverse range of assigned issues, documents and case history to ensure accuracy of advice and procedures;
- Keep current on national requirements regarding the law and communicate issues and new statutory developments with the rest of the team
- Ensure safe custody of the firms’ instruments and documents such as documents and suit papers and ensure confidentiality and privacy of all legal data of the business.
- Leading and mentoring junior advocates
- Bachelor’s degree in Law from a recognized university
- Post graduate Diploma from Kenya School of Law
- Advocate of the High Court of Kenya & possess a valid practicing license
- 5 years post admission handling litigation matters
- A track record of high performance and delivering on complex cases.
- Outstanding technical skills combined with an aptitude for developing new and longstanding relationships.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Personal drive to deliver results within tight deadlines
How To Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Litigation Advocate) to [email protected] before Tuesday 30th June 2020.