Logistics Manager at Moko Home and Living
Moko Home + Living is a growing company bursting with innovation, creativity and passion. Our customers dream of a better night’s sleep, a welcoming place to host their guests, a fun and safe place for their children to play. But they tell us this isn’t easy – they have to settle for low-quality furnishings or break the bank. Join us in building the products, the brand and the network to put quality living within everyone’s reach.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Our Supply Chain team brings materials from around the world to our factory, where they’re crafted into furniture that make thousands of families happy, countrywide. We are looking at adding a Logistics Manager to the team, who will be responsible for inventory and fleet management, with the overall goal of enhancing business development, developing strong SOPs and ensuring sustainability. Our perfect match is keen on order and efficiency, and they’ll be in charge of planning and managing logistics, warehousing, coordinating and optimizing full order cycles, and reducing operating and management costs across the full inventory value chain.
The Role In Brief
Manage Fleet infrastructure
- Develop a logistical infrastructure including transport planning frameworks, route planning and motor vehicle repairs
- Achieve improvements in the operating efficiency and cost base of the fleet infrastructure by reviewing asset locations and usages
- Develop, implement, review and update the distribution strategy in the light of business developments and logistics optimization opportunities
- Develop space metrics plans and triggers for CAPEX investments associated with fleet and inventory management
Oversee Operational processes and compliance
- Ensure compliance with all Health & Safety legislation, including but not limited to conducting regular H&S audits
- Ensure that all Logistics officers and supervisors maintain a safe, productive, and disciplined working environment
- Develop, implement, maintain and augment auditable SOPs for logistical processes and working methods
- Process measurement: develop and maintain KPIs for each operational process, showing performance against budget or target
- Responsible for the costs, service levels, and operational performance of services rendered, productivity, stock management, and documentation compliance
Capacity and resource planning
- Maintain a 1-year capacity planning horizon for the logistics infrastructure, relating to stockholding points and storage capacity
- Apply short term planning: a rolling 12-month plan primarily for labor planning, shift patterns, recruitment, seasonal resource deployment, and the relative balance of permanent and agency temporary workers
- Plan activities over an operational time frame and govern smooth inbound flow, bulk storage locations, pick face layout, picking and packing capacity
- Establish resource efficiency and cleaner processing methods across the full inventory value chain
- Responsible for the attainment of logistics associated budget
Develop and lead a high performing team
- Recruit, train and develop senior officers, officers, and supervisors in the team
- Develop, implement, and maintain an optimum organizational structure, with the most suitable arrangement of officers, supervisors, and team leaders
- Ensure appropriate targets are in place and are being consistently met by the Logistics team
CAREER GROWTH + COMPENSATION
Moko invests in building the capacity and skills within our team. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship from the Senior Leadership team. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for those who are ready to take up the challenge.
ARE YOU OUR DREAM CANDIDATE?
- You have training in Logistics, Supply Chain or Procurement.
- You have 5 years’ in a similar role, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- You have deep experience managing complex logistics, and asset management operations to agreed time, cost, and quality targets.
- You have prior experience establishing, developing, and leading a logistics function, and managing retained resources.
- You have worked within a manufacturing environment and/or raw material acquisition environment.
- You possess a management skillset and passion for supporting team members to realize their full potential.
- You have excellent time management skills and are detail-oriented.
The post Logistics Manager at Moko Home and Living appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.