Commodities Specialist Job, Supply Chain Kenyan Jobs 2021,
REPORTING TO: Chief of Party
LOCATION: Coast Region
The Commodities Specialist will be responsible for providing technical leadership in management of pharmaceuticals and non–pharmaceuticals towards promoting commodity security and strengthening commodity supply chain management system in facilities, sub Counties and Counties in all USAID Stawisha Pwani program areas.
Roles & Responsibilities
Prepare commodity strategic plans, work plans, budgets and performance reports as per USAID requirements.
- Support a sustainable supply chain for HIV/AIDS and FP/RMNCAH and Nutrition commodities in the counties by working closely with the relevant stakeholders to ensure prompt approval and timely delivery of pharmaceutical and non–pharmaceutical supplies.
- Conduct trainings and staff mentorship in USAID supported facilities on selection, forecasting, reordering, monitoring and reporting of health commodities.
- Strengthen logistical systems for management of health commodities to ensure conformity with the Kenya Quality Model for Health (KQMH) guidelines.
- Ensure rapid response and contingency support in the event of commodity shortages and compliance with the USAID commodity regulations.
- Develop and monitor implementation of the project supply chain quality improvement system.
- Develop and strengthen pharmacovigilance monitoring, reporting systems and Medicine and Therapeutic Committees (MTC) together with the relevant stakeholders.
- Provide short turn–around responses to donor, government and partner requests on commodities and supply chain relevant to Stawisha Pwani project.
- Actively participate in the development/revision of county and national commodity and supply chain related strategies and strategic plans, policies, guidelines and standard operating procedures (SOPs) through the respective commodity Technical Working Groups.
- An undergraduate degree in Pharmacy or related sciences. Post–graduate qualifications in pharmacy, healthcare management and/ or commodity/supply chain management and other relevant field will be an added advantage.
- 8–year work experience, with 5 of those being in donor funded programs. Commodity and supply chain management experience is highly desirable.
- Good communication, training and analytical skills.
- Proven ability to foster and sustain relationships within projects and with the governments and donors.
- Ability to work in a team.
- A valid professional certificate and practice license is mandatory.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit their applications and CV along with a cover letter expressing interest and indicating Salary history and expectations to [email protected]. The position applied for and reference number should be clearly indicated on the subject line and cover letter.
The closing date is 19 August, 2021 Only short listed candidates will be contacted. .
LVCT Health is an equal opportunity employer but female candidates are highly encouraged to apply. Please visit our website http://www.lvcthealth.org/ for more information about the organization.
LVCT Health DOES NOT CHARGE any fee whatsoever in any part of the recruitment process.