Assistant Director, Senior Principal Finance Officer Job, Latest County Government Jobs Kenya,
The Machakos Public Service Board wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following positions in various departments. This is pursuant to Article 235 of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 and Section 59, 63 of the County Governments Act, 2012.
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR – SENIOR PRINCIPAL FINANCE OFFICER (1 POST) JOB GROUP “P”
- Preparing and analysing the budget for the
- Preparing and analysing expenditure
- Considering proposal on asset acquisition and
- Monitoring expenditure on projects and program implementation on a periodic basis and ensuring that timely corrective measures are taken;
- Implementing strategies made by the
- This position is responsible for ensuring ethics compliance, discipline and promoting a culture that encourages compliance with the code of conduct, policies, procedures and regulations
- Develop, initiate, maintain, and revise policies and procedures for the general operation of the Ethics
- Develop and periodically review and update Standards of Conduct to ensure
- Collaborate with other departments (e.g. Finance, Internal Audit, Human Resource, ) to strategize on appropriate existing channels for best strategic fit.
- Monitor and coordinate administrative activities of the departments to remain abreast of the status of all operational
- Identify potential areas of vulnerability and risk; develop and implement corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues, and provide general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the
- Work with other Department as appropriate to develop an effective management of
- Monitor the performance of the Strategic Programs and relate activities on a continuing basis, taking appropriate steps to improve its effectiveness
- Served in the grade of Principal Finance Officer or a comparable and relevant position for at least three (3) years, preferably in the management of Board functions.
- Master’s Degree in any of the following: Business Administration (MBA), Economics, Finance or in a related discipline from a recognized university;
- A Certificate Course in Strategic Leadership Development Program lasting not less than four(4) weeks from a recognized institution (will be an added advantage).
- Shown merit and ability in related work performance
- Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following: Economics, Commerce (Finance Option) Business Administration, Business Management, Finance, Accounts; or any other equivalent qualification from a recognized university;
- A Diploma Course in Monitoring & Evaluation from a recognized institution
- A High Diploma in Management or any other equivalent qualification from KNEC
- Member of a relevant professional body
- Five (5) years’ experience in Finance and Public administration, three (3) years of which should have been in senior leadership position in public service
- Certificate in computer applications
Terms of service: Permanent & Pensionable
Salary: As prescribed by the Salaries & Remuneration Commission (SRC)
How to Apply
Applications should be made on official form (MCPSB 2018) accessible from Machakos County Website www.machakosgovernment.co.ke/jobs. Applicants are advised to attach copies of academic and professional documents.
All applications should be submitted on or before Wednesday 7th July 2021 in a sealed envelope clearlyindicating the position applied for on the envelop to the Machakos County Public Service Board offices Machakos Youth Centre, and addressed to:
MACHAKOS COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD,
P.O. BOX 603- 90100
It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application. Details of academic and professional certificates not obtained by closure of the advert should not be included.
The Short listed Candidates will be required to:
- Produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates, transcripts and integrity clearance documents during the interview. It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates/documents.
Machakos County Government is an equal opportunity employer; Women,
Persons with Disabilities and other disadvantaged groups are encouraged to apply.