Maintenance Technicians (5 Posts) at Marania Farm Limited
Marania Farm is an extensive, highly productive, mixed working farm in Timau, Meru County, Kenya. Marania Farm has been in existence for about 100 years, which is owned by George Murray and his family. At the end of the First World War, George Murray drew 2,600ha around the Timau-Kisima spring on the northern slopes of Mount Kenya under the soldier settler scheme. Founded in 1914, and incorporated in 1938, the agribusiness is 100% Kenyan owned and operated. Whilst arable crops and floriculture are the primary focus, Marania Farm also manages a successful forestry programme, runs a large scale dairy herd, and supports numerous thriving community development projects.
We are looking for Maintenance Technicians to undertake the responsibility to preserve the good condition and functionality of our farm premises. You will perform maintenance tasks of great variety on all facilities.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Survey buildings and repair mechanical systems to ensure they are consistent with health and safety standards
- Perform maintenance of electrical systems (replace light bulbs and sockets, clean and repair circuit breaker panels etc.)
- Assist in the setup of ventilation, refrigeration and other systems and conduct repairs when necessary
- Maintain heating and plumbing systems to ensure functionality
- Inspect alarm systems (fire, protection) and schedule repairs when needed
- Perform manual repairs when necessary (fix locks, replace windows etc.)
- Undertake activities of pest control such as spraying insecticide
- Conduct general upkeep procedures (e.g. landscaping) and other tasks as assigned (painting, carpentry etc.)
- Assist in budget preparation and ensure it is followed
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Proven experience as maintenance technician
- At least 3 years’ experience is required
- Degree or diploma in any engineering, construction, electrical or civil
- Basic understanding of electrical, hydraulic and other systems
- Knowledge of general maintenance processes and methods
- Working knowledge of tools, common appliances and devices
- Manual dexterity and problem-solving skills
- Good physical condition and strength with a willingness to work overtime
- Hi Certificate in HVAC, building maintenance technology or relevant field will be a plus
The post Maintenance Technicians (5 Posts) at Marania Farm Limited appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.