Manager –Administration & Quality Assurance at Kenya Revenue Authority
The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) was established by an Act of Parliament, Chapter 469 of the laws of Kenya , which became effective on 1st July 1995 . The Authority is charged with the responsibility of collecting revenue on behalf of the Government of Kenya.
Responsible for (Purpose of the job).
To provide legal and administrative support to the Commissioner’s Office by working closely with the Commissioner in managing and executing day to day office operations for efficiency and effectiveness of the Department.
Tasks and outputs:
- Review of legal instruments and opinions/reports.
- Assist with the preparation of the Commissioner’s meeting agendas, taking minutes, circulating minutes prepared and follow up on matters arising agreed at the meetings.
- Undertake research and special projects as and when required.
- Attend to legal matters/requests and channel them to the appropriate officers within the Department, when necessary.
- Have a good understanding of legislation and policies relevant to the Authority’s business.
- Provide effective legal support and back up within the technical officers’ teams.
- Ensure that the Department’s Papers and Reports are prepared and submitted on time to various parties, where necessary.
- Coordinate the preparation, drafting and finalization of Commissioner’s presentations, reports e.t.c. both internally and externally.
- Bachelor’s degree in Law (LLB).
- A Post graduate diploma in Law.
- Advocate of the High Court of Kenya.
- Possess a valid Practicing Certificate (LSK).
- Knowledge in tax administration.
- Computer literate.
- Management and Governance courses.
- Master degree in a relevant discipline will be an added advantage.
Minimum years of experience
5 years post qualification relevant working experience, 2 years of which should be at entry level management in a similar organization.
Competencies required for this role
- Strong administrative, managerial and leadership skills
- Excellent decision making skills and capabilities
- Excellent planning , organizational and analytical skills
- Resilient, focused and results oriented.
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Motivated, dynamic and dedicated team player.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships.
- Workload prioritization and ability to meet deadlines.
The post Manager –Administration & Quality Assurance at Kenya Revenue Authority appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – https://jobcenterkenya.com/.