Manager – Health and Nutrition – Marsabit
Concern Worldwide is an international non-governmental humanitarian organization dedicated to the reduction of suffering and working towards the ultimate elimination of extreme poverty in the world’s poorest countries.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Kenyan Citizens for the following position:
Job Title: Management Health and Nutrition
Reports to: Senior Manager – Health and Nutrition
Direct Reports: Officers Health & Nutrition
Liaises with: Internally – Other Programmes and Programme Support Units (PSU)
Liases Externally – MoH, Local Partners, UN bodies etc.
Job Location: Marsabit
One (1) Year Fixed Term Renewable Contract Subject to Performance and Availability of Funds
Starting Salary of the Pay Grade Kes 197,077
Group Medical Cover (Principal & 2 Dependants)
Group Life Assurance Cover
WIBA Plus/Personal Accident Cover
Job Summary: The incumbent will provide technical leadership and support in the implementation of the health and nutrition programme
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
Health and Nutrition Programme Management
- Participate in the assessment and selection of appropriate partners for programme implementation;
- Provide organizational and technical support to MoH and local partners in the implementation of High Impact Nutrition Interventions (HINI) and health services;
- Liaising closely with the County health management teams (CHMT) and Hospital Management Teams (HMT) to develop joint work plans and ensure MoH ownership and integration into the existing health systems;
- Work closely with the CHMT to oversee and review the implementation of County work plans and activities
- Support MoH and local partners to strengthen planning, implementation and review of health and nutrition programme activities at the County level
- Work with stakeholders at County level to establish health and nutrition complementary interventions while actively promoting inter sectoral linkages and integration with other programmes as necessary
- Ensure programme quality through active role in M&E of health and nutrition programme interventions including developing and utilizing context specific M&E tools, using data for decision making, field monitoring and joint support supervision
- Monitor the health and nutrition situation in the County including coordination of nutrition surveys, supporting with surveillance and assessments as required
- Contribute to the development of programme strategies and new project proposals
- Develop and implement county level health and nutrition programme budgets, budget revisions, costed work plans among other financial planning tools as required.
- Documentation of the programme process and compiling programme reports including generating lessons learnt and case studies
- Represent Concern at County and Sub County Health and Nutrition meetings and fora and support advocacy initiatives in line with the programme strategy
Programme Support and Management/Head of Field Office Duties
- Monitor programme budget and partner grants and account for expenditure through timely financial reporting
- Provide coordination to all programme activities by channelling communication and resources to all departments at Sub County level
- Provide leadership in development of quarterly costed work plans, movement plans and activity work plans across the County.
Responding to Emergencies:
- Participate and contribute as necessary towards Concern’s Emergency response as and when necessary.
- Comply with Concern’s health, safety and security guidelines during emergencies
Concern Code of Conduct & Associated Policies
- To adhere to the standards of conduct outlined in the Concern Code of Conduct & Associated Policies
- To support and promote the standards outlined in the Concern Code of Conduct & Associated Policies to their team, partner organisations and beneficiaries, and be committed to providing a safe working environment.
- To contribute to the establishment of preventive measures to reduce the potential for abuse in Concern programme
- A bachelor degree in Food, Nutrition and Dietetics, bachelor degree in Nursing or related field
- At least five (5) years’ experience in health and nutrition programme management in the delivery of High Impact Nutrition Interventions (HINI) and health services; with at least two (2) years’ experience in a supervisory or managerial role
- Solid understanding and experience with integrated program approaches
- Significant experience/knowledge of MoH systems, particularly at County level and working with and through local partners
- Excellent programme planning, monitoring and evaluation, interpersonal and report writing skills
- Fluent in both oral and written English and Kiswahili.
- Proficient in computer applications
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and supervise new staff members
- Proactive problem solver and solutions oriented management style
- Although not a MUST, having an understanding of the context, prior experience working and/or living in Marsabit is highly desirable.
This job description is not exhaustive and may be revised by the line manager from time to time.
Concern has a Concern Code of Conduct & Associated Policies which have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants, especially beneficiaries, from abuse and exploitation, and to clarify the responsibilities of Concern staff, partner organisations, and anyone engaged by Concern or visiting our programmes, and the standards of behaviour expected of them. In this context all Concern staff have a responsibility to the organisation to strive for, and maintain, the highest standards in the day-to-day conduct of their work in accordance with Concern’s core values and mission. Any candidate offered a job with Concern will be expected to sign the Code of Conduct and Associated Policies as appendices to their contract of employment. By signing the Concern Code of Conduct and Associated Policies candidates demonstrate they have understood its content and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these documents. Any breach of the Concern Code of Conduct and Associated Policies by employees of Concern during the course of their employment will result in disciplinary action up to, and including, dismissal
Concern’ is the trading name of ‘Concern Worldwide’, a company limited by guarantee, registered number 39647; registered charity number CHY 5745, registered in Ireland, registered address is 52-55 Lower Camden Street, Dublin 2, Ireland. Follow Concern online: www.concern.net