Manager, Human Resources (FHI Clinical) at FHI 360
FHI 360 has a long history supporting clinical research. Our Global Research Services (GRS) operating unit has become an independent, commercial organization named FHI Clinical Inc. FHI Clinical helps support and conduct clinical research in low-resource settings around the world. Our team includes clinical project managers, clinical research associates, research assistants, laboratory technologists, laboratory auditors, document specialists and instructional designers.
With culturally sensitive and multilingual employees in the United States, Africa, Asia, Latin America and Europe, FHI Clinical offers the following services to government and private sponsors:
- Project management
- Protection of participants’ safety and rights
- Site identification, evaluation and development
- Site monitoring, management and training
- Research operations
- Laboratory capacity building, auditing, and training
- Logistical support
We seek competitive and entrepreneurial candidates to join our team. https://www.fhiclinical.com/
Summary of Position:
Provides Human Resources (HR) leadership over all functional areas including but not limited to policies, benefits administration, compensation, payroll, recruitment and other HR responsibilities. Serves as the HR focal point between office staff, management, and U.S. Headquarters. Ensures legal compliance in all areas of Human Resources in conjunction with statutory legislation. Directs HR initiatives, required company projects, and sees that the objectives of the HR department are met. Functions with a high level of integrity, independence and participates in policy, HR services, and/or program development.
Description of Responsibilities:
- Apply professional HR practices and regulations to existing and new programs and ensuring legal compliance.
- Study and analyze market and data trends and use the information to inform management to formulate, implement, document, and evaluate processes, systems or programs by participating in remuneration and benefits surveys.
- Participates in organizational working groups for work associated with Human Resources and serves as an advisor to employees and line management on internal organizational structure, HR policies and procedures.
- Prepare necessary documentation for the Payroll administrator to process staff monthly payroll, ensuring timely remittal of statutory tax payments to relevant bodies. Oversee and audit cash payment programs as needed.
- Resolves complex employee relations issues, disciplinary actions and terminations.
- Ensure the accuracy and maintenance of employee recordkeeping, confidential documentation and performance management records.
- Managing the Timesheet and leave on Deltek software for all employees relating to staff time reporting including annual leave, sick leave, other compensatory leaves and the coding of public holidays.
- Participating in the annual revision and update of the HR Handbook and ensure it is compliant with the local law as well as in accordance with the standard operating procedures of FHI Clinical. Be involved in the implementation and dissemination of the Handbook.
- Participates in the organizations’ programs and initiatives (performance management, initiation of new programs, organizational changes, etc.).
- Managing the handling of all routine recruitment procedures. This includes overseeing the advertisement, selecting the interview panel, coordinating scheduling of interviews, participating in interviewing candidates, checking references, negotiating of offers and orientation/on-boarding of new hires.
- Work with the Director and management to develop and train direct reports, in collaboration with Learning and Development.
- Working closely with the Director of Human Resources to ensure the HR policies and related documentation is up to date and in compliance with the organizational goals.
- Other duties as assigned
- Maintain confidentiality within established parameters for sensitive Human Resources issues or projects and use judgment to execute duties and responsibilities with implementing HR initiatives and programs.
- Working knowledge of employment regulations, e.g. anti-discrimination laws, employment act and other labor/employee relations statutes.
- Possesses working knowledge of HR procedures and processes for: on-boarding, staffing, compensation, benefits, HRIS, and employee relations.
- Ensures compliance with applicable local, state and federal regulations and understands impact if regulations are not followed.
- Resourceful through technology, research skills, and relationship building among several organization teams and units and professional organizations to resolve problems and initiate enhancements.
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities for self and manage time to achieve goals/complete projects on or ahead of due date.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, attention to detail, quality and deadline.
- Strong supervisory and analytical skills and provides strategic human resources support to assigned business units through the planning and execution of HR practices and programs.
- Establishes partnerships to deliver value added service to management and employees that reflect the business goals/objectives of the organization.
- Interact with diplomacy and tact and follow-up on requests in timely and efficient manner.
- Working knowledge of relevant software, including Microsoft Office Suite, HRIS and timesheet systems.
- Is able to function autonomously but is collaborative and able to work and get along well as a valued member of a global team.
- Education/Experience: BA/BS degree with a major in business administration or human resource management/organizational development or finance/accounting with at least 5-7 years of relevant HR experience, including the management of direct reports.
- Alternate Education/Experience: MA/MS degree in related field with relevant HR work experience of 7-9 years; or a Diploma in HRM with over 10 years’ relevant HR work experience, of which includes management of direct reports.
- Membership Qualifications: Experience must reflect the knowledge, skills and abilities listed above and must be a registered member of IHRM.
- Commitment to the Organization, its Mission and Values
- Cultural Sensitivity / Valuing Diversity
- Building and Managing Relationships / Encourages Collaboration
- Performance Management / Promotes Staff Accountability
- Conflict Management / Coaching and Mentoring
- Results Orientation / Commitment to Excellence
- Knowledge Sharing / Continuous Learning
The post Manager, Human Resources (FHI Clinical) at FHI 360 appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – https://jobcenterkenya.com/.