Manager (Internal Audit) Job. KTB
Internal Audit Jobs, Audit Jobs, KTB Jobs
REF. KTB/HR 001/2019
- Provide secretarial services to the Board Audit and Risk Committee
- Provide independent and objective assurance and consulting activity of KTB’s operations to the Audit & Risk Committee and the CEO on the overall adequacy and effectiveness of KTB’s arrangements for governance, risk management, and internal controls and their impact on the operations of the organization
- Provide effective leadership to the audit teams in reviewing the operations and controls of the Board
- Interpret prevailing policies for sound auditing principles and control
- Contribute as appropriate to the performance of other functions and to the overall achievement of the Board’s strategic objective
- Report to the Audit Committee quarterly on the implementation of the annual audit plan
- Prepare board papers for Board Audit & Risk committee meetings
- Participate in the development and review of the Institution’s strategic plan
- Spearhead risk assessment of the department
- Develop implement and continuously review the KTB’s Internal Audit framework and policy and operating procedures.
- Assess the relevance, reliability, integrity, timeliness and adequacy of programmes and financial information.
- Establish, implement and monitor risk based internal audit mechanisms
- Ensure independent appraisals of KTB activities, functions and operations to ensure internal control frameworks are in place and operating efficiently.
- Lead and carry out special investigations, unplanned internal audit works and systems audits
- Ascertain the extent of compliance with board and government established procedures.
- Prepare and submit audit reports including audit recommendations to the management and to the Full Board through the Board Audit Committee.
- Carry out follow up audits to ensure implementations of external and internal audit recommendations by the management.
- Co-ordinate the review of the implementation of the risk management framework in order to ensure that risk management is effectively encompassed in all Board’s processes
- Perform value for money audits to determine value of completed and ongoing project and to examine whether KTB has attained economy, efficiency and effectiveness in the management of allocated funds.
- Develop work plans and budgets for the Department and oversee the execution of the approved departmental work plans and budgets.
The ideal candidate must possess the following:
- Nine (9) years relevant experience three (3) of which should be in senior management position
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution
- Master’s Degree in a relevant field or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution
- Certification in any of the following; CIA, CISA, CPA/ACCA
- Member of a professional body e.g IIA, ISACA, ICPAK
- Certificate in computer proficiency
- Demonstrate merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results
How To Apply
Each application should be accompanied by an application letter quoting the reference number for the position applied for, detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating current position, current remuneration, day time contact, e-mail address, name and contacts of three (3) referees.
All applications should clearly indicate the job reference and be submitted in any ONE of the following ways;
- Online applications should be emailed together with all the documents to: email@example.com indicating the position and reference on the subject line.
- Hard Copies applications maybe posted through Postal Address: P. O. Box 30630 – 00100
OR Hand Delivered and signed for at the Reception-KTB 7 th Floor Kenya Re Towers, Ragati Road. All hard copies applications should clearly indicate job reference on the envelope.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit valid documents to satisfy the requirements of
Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 and will be required to submit among other documents:
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations;
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board;
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau
To be considered, applications must be received on or before 2nd September 2019 at 5:00 pm, addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenya Tourism Board
P. O. Box 30630 – 00100
KTB is an equal opportunity employer.