Manager – Litigation at Kenya Revenue Authority
Responsible for (Purpose of the job).
Responsible for the implementation of policy and strategy related to litigation as well as offering team leadership in litigation.
Tasks and outputs:
- Participate in the formulation and ensure implementation of policies and strategies for the Litigation Section.
- Participate in the preparation of the Section’s work plan and budgets.
- Ensure compliance with agreed systems and procedures to enhance efficient and effective prevention and execution of business risks.
- Review research and legislation that impact on KRA and recommend any necessary amendments.
- Arrange and participate in stakeholder engagements (External Counsel, Judiciary, DPP, EACC, AG).
- Review Memoranda of Understanding, bilateral and multilateral legal instruments with tax implications.
- Representing KRA in mainstream courts, Tax Tribunals, and other courts.
- Manage follow up of post litigation revenue recovery on concluded cases by revenue Departments.
- Review drafted Pleadings and D
- Manage the general performance of staff in the respective teams.
- Provide advice on implementation of Court or Tribunal dispute outcomes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Law (LLB).
- A Post graduate diploma in Law.
- Advocate of the High Court of Kenya.
- Possess a valid Practicing Certificate (LSK).
- Computer literate.
- Management and Governance courses.
- Master’s degree in a relevant discipline will be an added advantage.
Minimum years of experience
At least five (5) years of experience in the required technical area, two (2) years’ of which should be at an entry-level managerial position
Competencies required for this role
- Strong administrative, managerial and leadership skills
- Excellent decision making skills and capabilities
- Excellent planning, organizational and analytical skills
- Resilient, focused and results oriented.
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Motivated, dynamic and dedicated team player.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships.
The post Manager – Litigation at Kenya Revenue Authority appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – https://jobcenterkenya.com/.