Manager; Public Policy at Safaricom
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the Regulatory and Public Policy department of the Corporate Affairs Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Brief Posting Description
Reporting to the Head of Regulatory and Public Policy, the role holder will provide Safaricom with skilled and professional analytical and advisory services, with an emphasis on regulatory and public policy issues, management of contractual issues, reviewing policies and providing strategic guidance on legislative matters.
- To work as part of a team to establish, manage and maintain positive relationships between Safaricom, Regulators, National Government and other stakeholders that will assist Safaricom achieve its commercial objectives.
- To engage with the regulators, government and other stakeholders in developing industry policy, legislation, guidelines and codes of practice.
- Provide timely advisories on bills & newly enacted legislation to the business, and formulate a strategic response to the same.
- To support the public policy team in the preparation of opinions on public policy and competition matters as well as engagement with regulators and policy makers.
- To support the public policy team in monitoring and advising the business on anticipated changes in legislation affecting the telecommunication industry and how these will affect the business.
- To manage regulatory interventions which could adversely affect Safaricom and ensure that regulators undertake all steps outlined in by law before effecting any changes
- To recommend best practice methods for regulatory interventions and public policy matters and actively lobby the various stakeholders on the proposed opinion.
- To ensure that Safaricom is an active participant in industry consultations.
- To engage and participate actively in industry bodies to ensure unified approach to common industry concerns for the benefit of Safaricom.
- Assist the public policy team in the development and delivery of contracts for various services in the business.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law, Business, Policy or Social Sciences from a reputable university
- At least four years relevant post-graduation experience in an ICT company or regulator
- Demonstrable knowledge in public policy, preferably in the ICT sector
- Excellent knowledge and experience in the Kenyan ICT and regulatory environment
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of contractual matters.
- Attention to detail with good organizational, planning, report writing and presentation skills.
- Proactive, confident, energetic with the ability to work under pressure, to tight schedules/deadlines and monitor and follow up on all actions taken.
- A highly motivated person with a positive attitude towards work
- Innovative, creative, results oriented with excellent analytical skills.
- A proven team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong awareness of market trends, competitive impacts and market opportunities
Note to Applicants
As part of the interview process, external candidates should prepare the following documentation which will be required as soft copies at a later stage based on your performance in the interviews/assessments.
- a) An updated CV with contacts of three referees, 2 who must be professional and must have supervised you at some point, the other referee can be a colleague in the same professional field.
- b) Kenyan Certificate of Good Conduct (Less than 1 year old) or a receipt of the same from the CID pending release of the hardcopy document.
- c) Clearance certificate from a reputable Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
- d) University Diploma/Degree Certificate/ Letter of completion from University in case you have not received your diploma/degree certificate.
- e) National ID/Passport.
The post Manager; Public Policy at Safaricom appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – https://jobcenterkenya.com/.