Manager-Security & Investigations at DIB Bank Kenya Limited (DIBBKE)
DIB Bank Kenya Limited (DIBBKE), is a fully owned subsidiary of Dubai Islamic Bank PJSC (AE) – a pioneering institution that has combined the best of traditional, Shariah values with technology and innovation that characterize the best of modern banking.
Ref. No. HRA/MSI/001/21
- Develop and implement Security and Investigations strategy & framework comprising of Charter, Policies & Procedures in order to ensure high level of safety and security of Bank’s assets and staff with the country rules & regulations as well as safeguard the bank interest.
- To advise internal clients on the best possible security and safety.
- Establish a risk-based Security Program to identify, measure and assess Security and Safety risks in Premises, activities & processes of the Bank in accordance with the Safety and Security framework.
- Ensure adequacy, effectiveness & efficiency of Security and investigations department (i.e. Asset security, staff security, Loss investigation, Safety and security audits, premise/physical security in accordance with regulatory & policy requirements.
- Review the investigations on reported incidents, fraud, theft, escalate security red flags to senior management and security committee.
- Report material findings, anomalies & recommendations pertaining to Security and Safety & or crime related issues to senior management and Security Committee Members
- Regularly update the management with regard to the status of the security issues being handled and properly liaise towards delivering a comprehensive regular Control Sheet.
- Liaise as required with external Security and investigators and assist in the preparation of the required documentation of cases, reviewing of external security bills and regularly update the security and safety report.
- Ability to advise the business in a proactive manner as to the best way to avoid loss where possible without compromising the Bank’s best interest.
- Monitoring and follow up of Kenya Security status as well as advising the bank on the impact of emerging security and safety issues and its impact on DIB’s overall activities.
- Working with the various Departments / Units concerned in safety and security training.
- Ensure that firefighting equipment, CCTV security surveillance systems and alarm systems are adequate and in good working order.
- Liaise with Security Service providers to ensure provision of efficient guarding and C.I.T services to the bank.
- Facilitate Security for the bank’s organized Events.
- In consultations with Management, prepare itinerary for Bank wide security inspections and submit reports within set deadlines.
- Carry out comprehensive and continuing security education and awareness effort to gain the interest and support of employees, contractors, consultants, and visitors.
- Where required, assist in vetting new staff joining the bank upon request by Human Resources Department.
- Liaises with Banking Fraud Unit and other law enforcement agencies on matters of investigations.
- University Degree or its equivalent. Degree in Criminology and Security Studies from a recognized University is an advantage.
- Kenya Police training or its equivalent, minimum 5 years services
- Diploma and higher diploma in investigations and forensics
- Institutional security and fraud prevention training; Disaster preparedness and management training and First Aid training
- Analytical skills.
- Leadership skills.
Work Experience :
- Minimum 8 years working experience in investigations/security related field.
- Experience in crime prevention and collection of intelligence
- Must have no criminal records
- Experience in people management
- Knowledge of banking practice and theory
- Excellent written and oral communication and effective interpersonal skills
- Team leadership and ability to motivate staff and facilitate work.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English
- Knowledge of financial and commercial security issues
- Investigations Skills
- Preventive skills, and Proactive management of Security and safety risks
The post Manager-Security & Investigations at DIB Bank Kenya Limited (DIBBKE) appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.