Manager-Strategy & Transformation at I&M Bank
I&M Bank is a wholly owned subsidiary of I&M Holdings Limited, a publicly quoted company at the Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE). The bank possesses a rich heritage in banking.
The job holder will be responsible for supporting the strategy & transformation office to develop, implement, monitor and update performance management tools to track progress of all strategy and transformation initiatives across the Bank and Group.
The Incumbent will report to the Senior Manager-Strategy & Transformation and will be responsible for:
- In liaison with the Line Manager, developing, maintaining, monitoring and updating a tracker showing progress on execution of deliverables in line with the 3-year strategic implementation activities and escalating notable deviations
- Supporting definition of KPIs under the Balanced Scorecard for the Bank and Group Subsidiaries and developing a tracking tool to monitor performance.
- Assisting the Line Manager in translating initiatives, work streams and milestones into project plans which ensures successful project completion
- In liaison with the Line Manager assisting in setting target metrics / KPIs for work streams and tracking targets set.
- Monitoring and tracking of initiatives, facilitating initiative approvals at various stages, reporting deviations and suggesting remedial actions.
- In liaison with the Line Manager supporting the review of Business plans for initiatives prior to senior management sign off.
- Conducting assessment of performance of strategic initiatives to support performance reviews;
- Preparation of periodic reports on progress of transformation for review by the Line Manager
- Deputising for the Senior Manager and attending work stream meetings to support initiative owners in transformation.
- Enforce the cadence process in place and supporting the change management activities–held within work stream and attending to support sponsors where required
- Identifying, analysing and preparing mitigation tactics for risk (Signaling blocking points and flagging these timely to S&T GM and Senior Manager)
- Identifying and managing anticipated resistance including keeping track of any changes to cadence and correct if need be to keep discipline
- Responsible for management of the Wave solution (used to track performance of strategic initiatives) including administration, Wave training, assisting users with Wave queries and link with Wave support team.
- Supporting the periodic reviews of the Group and Bank strategic plan and continuous reporting of the progress to the various identified governance forums
Qualifications And Competencies Requirements:
- Ability to understand and translate strategy into action
- Deep understanding of the Balanced Scorecard approach to performance management
- Advance knowledge and experience in use of excel
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Ability to project manage complex and multifaceted strategic projects
- Knowledge and experience in project management
- Effective communicator & good relationship management skills
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills
- Good interpretation and decision making ability
- Good people management skill
- Ability to work independently/self-driven
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel and other project management applications
- Strong planning, coordination and time management skills
- 5 years overall strategy/ performance management / banking experience 3 of which should have been at managerial level
The post Manager-Strategy & Transformation at I&M Bank appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.