Market Access Manager – East Africa & West Africa (2 Year Contract) at Roche Kenya
Roche is a global pioneer in pharmaceuticals and diagnostics focused on advancing science to improve people’s lives. The combined strengths of pharmaceuticals and diagnostics under one roof have made Roche the leader in personalised healthcare – a strategy that aims to fit the right treatment to each patient in the best way possible. Roche is the world’s largest biotech company, with truly differentiated medicines in oncology, immunology, infectious diseases, ophthalmology and diseases of the central nervous system. Roche is also the world leader in in vitro diagnostics and tissue-based cancer diagnostics, and a frontrunner in diabetes management. Founded in 1896, Roche continues to search for better ways to prevent, diagnose and treat diseases and make a sustainable contribution to society. The company also aims for improving patient access to medical innovations by working with all relevant stakeholders.
About the job
Roche Diagnostics in either Lagos, Nigeria or Nairobi, Kenya is seeking a Market Access Manager for East and West Africa for a 2 year fixed term contract. The successful incumbent will drive the development of Health Ecosystems by developing and implementing market and patient access strategies to drive optimal access to strategic healthcare solutions in the public and private sectors. The requirement will be to support the mid to long-term Healthcare Transformation strategy by supporting the development and implementation of stakeholder engagements, partnerships and other health systems strengthening projects.
Understanding and Development of Health Ecosystems
- Build a deep understanding of the health ecosystems with an emphasis on diagnostics across the focus markets within the territory. This understanding should include health system operating environments, institutional and political landscapes.
- Undertake necessary research and analyze current healthcare policies to understand health issues and market trends shaping the future of health ecosystems.
- Leverage this knowledge to understand policy priorities and current barriers to access with a focus on drafting the strategy, aligning with the overall long-term organisational strategy and vision annually.
- Actively engage and build relationships with political stakeholders and key influencers of health policy agendas at regional and national levels in coordination with the Government Affairs & Access Lead to enable removal of barriers and to bring key disease areas and health topics to the priority agenda, driving sustainable access to Roche innovations for patients.
Market Access Management
- Execute an integrated access plan across public and private sectors by analysing the strategies and environments and engaging with key stakeholders and finalising the plan annually.
- Build innovative market access solutions by researching global trends, analysing trends in the context of the specific environments, testing solutions, engaging with experts, piloting solutions and managing implementation of successful innovations.
- Build supporting tools and knowledge resources (e.g. best practice) for the implementation of access and policy agenda at country levels that deliver clear, evidence-based and compelling positions for governments and key influencers including financial aspects (eg pricing, business models), monitoring and evaluation metrics to track momentum for access and lessons learned and communication mechanisms (eg communities of practice).
- Support cross-functional teams within both Diagnostics and Pharma affiliate in activities to minimize gaps/hurdles to access in support of health system strengthening initiatives and public private partnerships. Such projects could include Roche regional programs, (e.g. Global Access Program), One Roche Programs, or local pilot projects for access.
Support of broader Healthcare Transformation Projects
- Work cross-functionally with other members of the Healthcare Transformation Team including Roche Healthcare Consultants, Strategic Program Managers, as well as members of the Medical, Marketing and Sales teams to drive and deliver projects aimed at transforming Healthcare in focus markets.
- Participate in the co-creation of Integrated Solutions Plans.
- Participate in the definition and establishment of medium to long-term partnerships (both Private-Private and Public-Private approaches) that drive increased access to Roche’s innovative products and drive broad-based health systems strengthening.
- Participate as implementer within projects defined under the Integrated Solutions Planning process (ISP) where policy and/or access subject matter expertise and experience are needed.
- Contribute to the preparation of the department budget by identifying activities and costs, preparing the budget and submitting it annually and as required.
- Monitor expenditure by tracking spend against budget allocations, providing input into approval of expenditure, addressing any budget variances and providing feedback as required.
A full job description will be made available to candidates invited to the interview process.
You, as an ideal candidate, will have the following skills, experience and education:
- Required Qualification: NQF 7/8 in a Clinical or Science related field.
- Required Experience: 3-5 years experience in Government Affairs or Market / Patient Access with 1-2 years experience within a Pharmaceutical or Diagnostics environment.
- Other Requirements: The willingness to travel both locally, in Africa and Internationally.
- Essential Knowledge: Healthcare laws and regulations, policy and regulatory landscapes in LMIC / Africa.
The post Market Access Manager – East Africa & West Africa (2 Year Contract) at Roche Kenya appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.