Mater Medical Centre Managers at Mater Hospital
The Mater Hospital was opened in 1962 by the Sisters of Mercy, a Catholic Order of Nuns originating from Ireland, three years after registering themselves as the Registered Trustees of an entity under the Perpetual Succession Act (the succeeding legislation after independence). The “Sisters of Mercy” first set up a 60 bed general hospital to cater mainly for the poor, indigenous Kenyans, with the primary mission being general healthcare. The colonial authorities granted 12 acres of land in a swampy, mosquito-infested area, which has since become the Industrial Area of Nairobi. In 1970, a 60-bed maternity ward was opened with antenatal, postnatal and immunization clinics attached in order to upgrade the quality of maternity healthcare available to the poorer segments of the Nairobi population. In 1972, in recognition of the contribution of the hospital in training midwives to assist births in rural areas, Mater was chartered as a School of Midwifery. In 1975, a consultant’s block of 6 offices was opened enabling specialised consultants to practice on site and deliver significantly better medical services to the patients.
Reporting to the Deputy Director-Outpatient Medical services, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following Key result Areas.
- Implementation of the hospital strategic plan at a centre level.
- Ensure consistent quality of service at the medical Centre.
- Enhance profitability of the medical centre by management of operating costs and reduce wastage.
- Promote utilization of diagnostic and therapeutic services available at the medical centre in collaboration with the centre staff and marketing department.
- Ensure consistent customer satisfaction for all services offered at the medical centre.
- Ensure that the centre satisfies all regulatory licensing requirements (clinical and nonclinical) at all times, and that all staff engaged in the unit are fully licensed and retained in their respective registers for the current year.
- Ensure preventive and routine maintenance of machines and equipment both medical and non-medical.
- Monitor patient service feedback and contributes to the process of resolving complaints and service issues with the relevant departments.
- Liaise with the marketing dept and hospital management to come up with Centre-specific marketing ventures.
- Responsible for the medical Centre staff management including, review of staffing plans, capacity building, disciplinary issues, performance management, leave management and staff motivation.
- Promote teamwork and interdepartmental interaction in the Centre to promote quality output.
- Attend divisional and outpatient team meetings at the main Hospital as assigned.
- Provide monthly and periodic reports as required.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in a Medical field.
- Post qualification in Health management system, finance, marketing or any other relevant field.
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in a supervisory role.
The post Mater Medical Centre Managers at Mater Hospital appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.