Materials Supervisor at Diageo
Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks company, a business built on the principles and foundations laid by the giants of our industry.
Barley and Malt are the principal raw materials used in the manufacture of beer and East African Maltings Limited has the strategic role of providing competitively priced brewing raw materials to meet EABL supply requirements.
East African Maltings intent is to support both EABL Supply and Demand’s strategic activities, protect the quality of our brands, support innovation and creation of competitive advantage for the EABL group within the Eastern African Region. Stores is operating several processes from ordering, receipting, stores management and issuing. The role works closely with the Material Stores Manager, Stocks Accountant, Shift teams, approved EAML haulers, Suppliers etc
Production/Raw material – Ksh. 1 billion Engineering spares – Kshs.100 million
The economy is in recession and is fraught with myriad of economic problems like collapsed infrastructure, high interest rates, unstable and fluctuating currency, and legislature. The supply market is complex and volatile due to liberalization, monopoly in some of the products we purchase and entrance of competition for some materials we are buying.
This position works within the Finance team and has responsibility of overseeing stores operations, interacting with cross-functional teams both internally and externally to the EAML.
Purpose of Role
To support effective and efficient operations through tight inventory control and dealing with risks to inventory
- Preparation, participation and follow up of regular stock counts in accordance with the stock counting procedures. This includes preparation of stores ahead of stock count, printing and distribution of count sheets, reconciliation of physical to book stock and investigation and follow up of variances.
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of movements and transactions by regularly reviewing suitable reports. Reports, frequency and ownership are defined in the stores’ procedures.
- Maintain stores in accordance with EABL stores procedures, Diageo Physical Security Policy, Diageo Quality Policy, Diageo Risk Standards and CARM.
- Daily review of stores to confirm cleanliness of stores and proper arrangement of spares according to 5S.
- Operating the weighbridge, Sales Order Processing to customers and intercompany sales.
- Maintaining optimum stocks, with minimum stockholding costs, without compromising on production and maintenance processes.
- Manage receipt, maintenance and issue of all stores inventory in SAP and real-time (same day) processing.
- Ensure that quantities and quality delivered by suppliers fulfil the contractual commitment on purchase orders at the point of receipt.
- Issue goods rejection notes for nonconforming materials/goods delivered and making sure suppliers collect the goods for replacement or issue credit note.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- A degree or higher diploma in a business-related course
- 2 years Inventory Management experience preferably in FMCG industry.
- Graduate Diploma in Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (an added advantage)
- SAP knowledge and high computer literacy
Celebrating our inclusive and diverse culture is core to Diageo’s purpose of “celebrating life every day everywhere”. This purpose is, in itself, inclusive in nature, as it values everybody irrespective of background, disability, religion, gender or ethnicity.
We know that for our business to thrive and for Diageo to realize its ambition, we depend on having diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities in each of the 180 countries in which we operate and to reflect our broad consumer base. We view diversity as one of the key enablers that helps our business to grow and our values, purpose and standards set the conditions for us to respect the unique contribution each person brings.
The post Materials Supervisor at Diageo appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.