Mental Health Project Manager at HealthRight International
HealthRight International is a global health and human rights organization. HealthRight was founded in 1990 by physician and human rights advocate Dr. Jonathan Mann
DIRECT REPORTS: 4
BASED IN: Nairobi (with frequent travel to project sites)
PRIMARY ROLE:The Project Manager is responsible for the overall implementation and coordination of the Mental Health project and all activities related to it, including M&E, reporting, liaison with all key stakeholders at the County, planning & facilitation of workshops. The Project Manager is responsible for supporting the project teams in improving mental health services in Nairobi urban slums. The Manager reports to HealthRight Kenya’s Associate Programs Director (APD), and works collaboratively with Director of HealthRight’s Peter C. Alderman Program for Global Mental Health (headquarter-based).
RESPONSIBILITIES and DUTIES
- Lead the planning, implementation and coordination of all project activities.
- Manage rapid start-up of project activities including procurement and contract management.
- Coordinate and technically monitor the implementation of all project activities according to the objectives, indicators, work plan and approved budget and inform the Associate programme director on a regular/ongoing basis.
- Track and monitor necessary programmatic, financial and technical inputs, and determine operation needs of the project.
- Ensure regular and proper project documentation and reporting according to donor and HealthRight quality standards, rules & regulations and ensure timely reporting.
- Ensure improved individual and community knowledge, attitudes and practices around mental health.
- Implement a stepped care model for the integration of mental health services at the primary level of care and strengthen facility health management information systems (HMIS) with emphasis on mental health.
- Lead the project team and ensure with the project support team the sound financial management (review, compliance of budget), administration and logistics of the project.
- Provide technical and managerial support to all team members in fulfilment of their duties according to project objectives and ensure compliance with HealthRight policies and international standards
- Develop and put into practice appropriate and cost-efficient monitoring tools to improve mental health situation with regard to expected results and indicators as is mentioned in logframe, work plan and other relevant project documents.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships and alliances with implementing partners and other key stakeholders in the county
- Represent HealthRight at the County.
Assist HealthRight senior management with any requests for information or data regarding project expansion or development
Facilitate staff capacity building and mentorship on mental health and create an organizational mental health mainstreaming framework for future maternal and child health projects.
Track achievements of project objectives and indicators and write progress reports in compliance with donor requirements.
Support country programme development efforts
Perform other duties as may be allocated by supervisor.
Master’s degree in Nursing, Clinical Medicine, Mental health, Public Health, Psychology or Health related Degree.
- Knowledge and experience in implementing integrated mental health programs.
- Minimum 5 years of working experience in planning, implementing and managing health related projects.
- Proven experience in administrative standards and requirements of donors.
- Experience of working with MoH at the Counties and regional levels.
- Knowledge of World Health Organization’s mental health Gap Action Programme Intervention Guide (mhGAP IG) and interpersonal therapy groups (IPT-G).
- Experienced in administration of the Patient Health Questionnaire-9 (PHQ-9).
- Excellent ability to lead a team, work in a team and to mediate.
- Experience working in urban informal settlements.
- Possesses initiative and is able to work with minimum supervision.
- Demonstrates adaptability and flexibility in all aspects of responsibility.
The post Mental Health Project Manager at HealthRight International appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – https://jobcenterkenya.com/.