MICROSOFT 365 PROJECT CONSULTANCY
TERMS OF REFERENCE
MICROSOFT 365 PROJECT: Provision of Services to Develop a SharePoint Site and Train Staff on Microsoft 365/Collaboration Tools
Established in 2005, Fairtrade Africa is the independent non-profit umbrella organization representing all Fairtrade certified producers in Africa. Fairtrade Africa is owned by its members, who are African producer organizations certified against international Fairtrade standards producing traditional export commodities such as coffee, cocoa, tea, cotton, bananas, mango, and non-traditional commodities including shea butter and rooibos tea. Currently, the organization represents over 1.18 million smallholder farmers and workers across 28 countries in Africa.
MICROSOFT 365 PROJECT
Fairtrade Africa has acquired Microsoft 365 basic tenancy. Staff have begun using various features, including Teams, Yammer, SharePoint, Planner etc. Fairtrade Africa would like to recruit a consultant to review the setup of Office 365 with focus on collaboration tools. The consultant will provide advice and training to key staff in the effective use of Microsoft/office 365 collaboration tools and features and assist in setting/developing organization SharePoint site. The Consultant will need to work in close liaison with the Strategy director and and ICT Officer to maximize the use of Microsoft 365 and ensure consistency across Fairtrade Africa Office 365 structure and enhance our understanding of the suite.
SCOPE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
FTA is seeking the services of qualified individuals, firm(s), or institution(s) to carry out the following tasks-
- Review current tenancy setup and recommend optimization where need be;
- Support the design and implementation of SharePoint Online for Document Management and projects, to include feature configuration and training;
- Train 15 TOTs to use the collaboration tools/features that Microsoft 365 offers which include Microsoft teams, among others;
- Train ICT Officer on core administration areas of office 365 among them SharePoint administration and integration of Microsoft 365 with inhouse exchange 2016 servers;
- Develop a compressive user manual for various corroboration tools Microsoft 365 basic offer to organizations.
SharePoint Online, with below features:
• Core Document Management, Client Integration capabilities with MS Office Documents, Alert Management, Co-Editing, Versioning document, Common Document Operations, New Feeds, Social networking Management;
• Workflow management, Document Renditions, Managing Document Life Cycles, Document Workflows, SharePoint Enterprise Scale Search, Mobile Search Experience, Quota Templates Management, RSS Feeds Management, Duplicate Detection, Enterprise wiki Management and Community Site management.
A two phased virtual training (i) ToT Training for 12 staff on use of various Microsoft 365 collaboration tools and their integration with each other followed by (ii) 2 staff webinars to introduce Microsoft 365.
Training and Installation Manuals
• A training manual for design, installation, operation, and maintenance of the online SharePoint;
• A Training Report for 2 tenancy admins on design, configuration of various Microsoft 365 features and services;
• A design and configuration manual on integrating inhouse exchange 2016 servers and Microsoft 365 for smooth service delivery;
• A recommendation report on further configuration to secure data on Microsoft 365.
FTA is looking for individual consultant (s), firm (s), or institution(s) with demonstrated experience in developing and enhancing use of Microsoft 365 and SharePoint across organizations. In addition, the said should possess the following.
• Expert technical knowledge in Microsoft SharePoint, with at least five (5) years of experience in SharePoint solution design and architecture processes;
• Proven expertise in Microsoft 365 product features and capabilities on configurations and training;
• Experience of successful face to face and online training events for end users;
b. Technical / Functional Competencies:
• Excellent training, writing and communication skills;
• In-depth knowledge of Microsoft 365 collaborations technologies;
• Demonstrates openness to change and ability to receive / integrate feedback in the project management process;
• Good networking skills to engage with both technical and non-technical people.
DURATION OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The successful individual consultant(s), firm(s) or institution(s) is/are expected to carry out the assignment in 30 working days from the date of signing the contract.
Interested and qualified firm(s), institutions or consultants should submit their applications which should include the following:
• Firm(s)/individual/institutions profile;
• Detailed Curriculum Vitae of team proposed to carry out the assignment;
• Technical Proposal for implementing the assignment including the timeframes;
• Financial proposal for implementing the assignment;
• 2 References and samples of similar assignment conducted in the past.
How to apply
The closing date for receiving the application is 24th July 2020. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please send the applications to [email protected]