Moderator Job IRC – Career Point Kenya
Signpost is an innovative digital initiative providing the humanitarian community with a platform to reach refugees, asylum seekers and crisis-affected communities around the world with accessible information. Signpost programming will take a holistic approach to address information needs in Kakuma, Hagadera (Dabaab) and Nairobi. Signpost is a useful information resource for people in need fosters more in-depth community, more trust, and, most importantly, more utility for its users.
IRC is seeking a Moderators to be based in Hagadera, Dadaab under the direct supervision of the Senior Editorial Officer, Hagadera. The Moderator will be responsible for communicating directly with Signpost users daily, replying to comments, messages, and questions.
- Engage users in conversations online based on the guidelines
- Reply to messages and comments received on Signpost social media channels with the help of Signpost team and moderation guidelines.
- Collaborate with Senior Editorial Officers, service mapping officer, Signpost manager and protection teams to develop thorough, vetted, well-researched answers
- Feedback on representative and noteworthy comments and write an analysis of the day’s communications (including responses to posts, trends in conversation and information gaps).
- Share insights, feedback, cultural awareness, contextual knowledge, and learning with the wider team on an ongoing basis.
- Analyse information gaps amongst the affected populations to feed into future content creation.
- Keep up to date with all the new information put out on an ongoing basis and attend regular trainings as required.
- Follow protocol to escalate any communication from vulnerable cases to Protection team
- Experience working with refugees, asylum seekers, displaced persons, refugee hosting communities
- At least one year of experience working with social medial platforms
- Typing speed of at least 30 words per minute
- Knowledge of social media platforms such as Facebook
- Ability to act with discretion, integrity, and diplomacy
- An understanding of the power and importance of accurate information and the ability to exercise strong judgement in ensuring all answers are accurate.
- High emotional intelligence
- Diploma or advanced relevant technical (e.g. media, journalism, communication) qualifications
- Advanced Somali language skills, oral and written
Preferred experience & skills
- Great attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as, an overall ability to be clear and concise in all communications
- Strong organizational and time-management skills; proven ability to prioritize and deliver on time
- Strong analytic problem-solving skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a dynamic, cross-functional team
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with stakeholders at all levels
Standards of Professional Conduct: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowance.
Kenyan nationals are encouraged to apply. International allowances are not available for this position. Salary and employee benefits are compliant to the Kenyan NGO Sector.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Please take note that International Rescue Committee (IRC) does not ask for any fees in connection with its recruitment processes.