Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Job Purpose & Scope:
Reporting to the BvAT Executive Director, the M&E Officer will responsible for all monitoring and evaluation activities in BvAT. The role supports all BvAT programmes in designing, implementation and reporting on all M&E activities.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
· Ensure an appropriate monitoring and evaluation (M&E) system is in place and is functioning satisfactorily.
· Periodically review and revise the system so that it is adapted appropriately to changing operating contexts.
· Ensure relevant and timely M&E information is provided in user-friendly formats to key stakeholders, including beneficiary communities, partners and donors.
· Establish and coordinate monitoring systems including data collection, analysis and review
· Ensure information gathered through monitoring activities is shared as per BvAT policies and regulations.
· Providing support to project design and activities including strategic frameworks (Results framework, log frames etc)
· Assist in the revision of the project log frame matrix, particularly in the areas of performance indicators and their measurement;
· Assist the program teams to determine performance and impact indicators and targets
· Implement monitoring systems and designing monitoring tools
· Develop data collection tools
· Monitor project activities, outputs and progress towards anticipated results
· Development of appropriate M&E databases to store, analysis and present relevant information.
· Support programme team for reporting, data collection and in needs assessments
· Conduct regular data quality audits and ensure adherence to quality control measures.
· Support the dissemination of M&E results to stakeholders.
· Support the quantitative data management and analysis to inform project decision-making
· Lead the collation of Quarterly, Semiannual and Annual project progress reports.
· Track, manage and review all project reports, and collate lessons learned to inform programmatic decisions.
· Assist in the development and/or finalization of the project Work Plan and keep it updated in accordance with project activities and timeframes as relevant.
· Develop the overall framework, for project M&E, for example mid-term project review, impact assessment, final evaluation, develop project Performance Monitoring Plan with relevant data collection systems.
· Review the quality of existing data in the project subject areas, the methods of collecting it, and the degree to which it will provide good baseline statistics for impact evaluation.
· Develop baseline data for each project component and for all project indicators.
· With collaborating partners, review their existing approaches and management information systems and agree on any required changes, support and resources.
· Collect data on a regular basis to measure achievement against the performance indicators.
· Maintain and administer the M&E database; analyse and aggregate findings.
· Support project progress reporting, project mid-term review and final evaluation.
· Identify areas where technical support to project partners is required. Organize refresher training on M&E for partners as required.
· Identify lessons learned and develop case studies to capture qualitative outputs of the project. Provide advice to the management on improving project performance using M&E findings.
· Any other duty that may be assigned by the supervisor
Education and Knowledge
· Bachelors degree in Monitoring and Evaluation, Statistics, Social sciences or related qualification from a credited institution of higher learning.
· A course/certificate in Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Minimum of five years of professional experience in an M&E position responsible for implementing M&E activities of international development projects.
- Experience in designing, implementing, and operating project M&E systems from project initiation to closeout stages.
- Experience in designing and managing beneficiary monitoring and database systems.
- Experience in strategic planning and performance measurement, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing M&E and performance monitoring plans.
- Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (e.g. qualitative, quantitative, mixed-method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies.
- Experience in planning and managing surveys.
- Experience in developing and refining data collection tools.
Specialized Knowledge and skills required
- Good knowledge of programme implementation, monitoring and evaluation techniques and practices.
- Familiarity with impact assessment an advantage
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Good computer applications skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently with a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to work under time pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in diversified environments.
- Ability to work in a team and good interpersonal skills.
· Understanding of and personal commitment to ecologically sustainable agriculture
· Fluency in oral and written Swahili and English **
· Have strong relationship management.
· Excellent time management.
· Team player with excellent negotiation, communication and interpersonal skills
· Ability to prioritize workload and demonstrate deliverables/outcomes.
· Good understanding of financial management and reporting processes.
· Willingness and ability to travel locally and internationally.
How to apply
If you believe you are the right candidate for this position and can clearly demonstrate your ability to meet the requirements, please submit your detailed CV and application letter indicating summary of your key qualifications and expected salary to [email protected]
The closing date for applications is 10th June 2020.** Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.