Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Job Title – Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
Job Location: – BUSIA, SIAYA, KISUMU AND HOMABAY
Sustainable Agricultural Information Initiative (SAII) is a regional not for Profit development organization with over 10 years of experience in delivering agricultural development and resilience-building interventions focused on value chain development in the ASAL and other counties of Kenya. The NGO is concerned with the promotion of sustainable agricultural practices to eradicate hunger and extreme poverty by implementing innovative, enterprising and sustainable interventions that contribute to mainstreaming good agricultural practices and market-oriented approaches, generating and diversifying household incomes among smallholder farmers and enterprising youth & women enterprises, thereby contributing to the long term agenda of ensuring a food secure and a healthy nation.
SAII is currently seeking applicants to fill the position of Monitoring & Evaluation Officer, reporting directly to the Regional Project Manager.
Job Purpose: The purpose of the job is to ensure effective planning, implementation and reporting of Monitoring and Evaluation related activities for the West Kenya Cotton Development Project.The Monitoring & Evaluation Assistant will advise the Regional Manager in planning, implementation and reporting of monitoring, evaluation and learning activities of the Project. S/He will contribute to the development of project M&E system, tracking performance indicators, development/ of data collection tools, data collection, analysis and reporting and drafting of learning papers. S/He will build the capacity of Implementing Partners in M & E, manage surveys through SAII’s specific methodologies and tools and provide accurate analysis and presentation of information to enhance SAII’s position as a strong development organization.
- In liaison with the Regional Project Manager(RPM) establish a sound M&E system both at the project and partner organizations levels.
- Take lead in planning and execution of M&E related activities for the project as stipulated in the project M&E Plan including surveys, evaluations and research,
- Ensure M&E frameworks, tools and techniques are in place for effective tracking of the project indicators’ performance and results,
- Undertake monitoring visits to the field throughout the project implementation period, as needed to support and/ or supervise data collection or verify data quality,
- In liaison with the RPM organize project review meetings on regular basis to reflect on implementation process, challenges faced, innovations and lessons learnt,
- Support project staff and implementing partners to manage and maintain an up to date project database system,
- In liaison with the RPM, identify training needs, develop a capacity building plan and facilitate capacity development of the implementing partners and project staff on project related Monitoring and Evaluation processes,
- In liaison with the Project Accountant maintain a Master Project file for all project data, reports, photographs, correspondences, donor reports and documentaries for future reference
- Ensure documentation of case studies and Impact stories is done and that accurate project data is utilised for press releases, social media and website among others
- Support the PM in compiling quarterly, annual and other reports required by SHA and/or the donor with input from the programme team
- Any other duties as assigned by the Regional Manager
Knowledge and Experience:
- At least 3 years relevant working experience in Monitoring and Evaluation of donor funded project with skills in result based M&E frameworks, indicator tracking, Development of data collection tools and report writing.
- Excellent knowledge and practice on Project Cycle management
- Demonstrated experience in handling large volumes of data and database management
- Advanced skills in data analysis and visualization
- Practical/ Field experience in data quality control and management
- Excellent knowledge of Windows environment (Word, Excel, Power Point, Access)
- Demonstrated experience in Web based platforms /Mobile application
- A degree in Agricultural Economics, Statistics, Social Sciences, Development Studies, Project Planning & Management, Monitoring & Evaluation or other related discipline from a recognized university.
- Training in monitoring and evaluation and/or Project Management will be an added advantage
- A strong commitment to the aims, objectives and values of SAII Kenya
- Commitment to international and humanitarian NGO codes, standards and practices
- Excellent facilitation, communication, leadership and interpersonal relation skills
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and on own initiative
- Ability to deliver desired results within strict deadlines
How to apply
Candidates who meet the requirements should send their CV and a cover letter motivating their interest in the position, detailing current and expected salary and Skype and mobile contacts to by COB 22nd May 2020 and follow the application instructions on the site.
Please use this link to access the job profile:
Sustainable Agricultural Information Initiative (SAII), is an equal opportunity employer and only shortlisted candidates, whose CVs are received into our database will be contacted.