Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning Manager (WISH)
Requisition ID: req3526
Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning Manager(WISH)
Sector: Monitoring & Evaluation
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
The IRC WISH M&E Manager is responsible for providing M&E leadership and support across the IRC WISH programme in Somalia, Uganda, South Sudan and Ethiopia, ensuring timely and accurate submission of data and adherence to WISH2ACTION protocol, standards, and timelines. The MEL Manager will work with in country M&E coordinators to integrate WISH2ACTION M&E processes within their organization’s systems, liaising directly with Regional Measurement Coordinator and building local-level capacity to collect and use high quality, robust data to improve WISH programming in the Focus Countries. The Country ME&L Manager proactively identify, troubleshoot and escalate issues related to M&E and data. The manager will be responsible to develop the IRC Learning agenda for IRC working in collaboration with the WISH Hub.
Data quality and collection
• Oversee data quality and collection across WISH sites in Uganda, Ethiopia, South Sudan and Somalia including capacity assessment, support and training
• Ensure timely submission of monthly data of all IRC WISH countries including proactive supervision and follow-up with country teams to ensure ongoing data collection.
• Ongoing review of data to assess completeness, accuracy, and quality standards are met including periodic review of data records at SDP level
• Provide technical support to service delivery sites across all service delivery sectors and channels within the WISH Project Implementation areas to support sound data collection and quality assurance processes and ensure auditable data
• Reconcile data from WISH sites in Ethiopia, Uganda, South Sudan and Somalia at least monthly
• Systematically respond to data-related queries from IPPF’s WISH2ACTION team and (when required) DFID’s Third-Party Monitoring agency
• Oversee regular and ad hoc rapid data quality assessments/ audits and support implementation of action plans for IRC WISH Countries
• Work with Country M&E focal persons to ensure Quality of Care data are routinely collected across all project sites and entered into the WISH2ACTION data platform
• Support Third Party Monitoring data audits and verification
• Ensure use of IPPF’s WISH2ACTION Data Platform, including training and support in South Sudan, Ethiopia, Uganda and Somalia
• Coordinate with IRC Technical staff and Data Systems to ensure that the WISH2ACTION Data Platform meets needs of the WISH team for collecting, reporting, visualizing and using data in the Focus countries
• Ensure standardization of data definitions and mapping of SDPs, services and data codes from existing Local systems to WISH definitions, codes and systems
• Enforce data management practices and standards across the WISH countries
• Troubleshoot and escalate Data management related issues to the Senior RH Coordinator and Relevant Technical focal points.
Use of data for decision-making
• Participate in monthly data review meetings with IPPF’s WISH2ACTION team and support development of action plans as needed to course correct
• Coordinate monthly data review meetings with country teams including M&E staff, WISH program management, staff and service providers, developing action plans to strengthen data quality and course correct as needed
• Model and support use of data for supportive performance monitoring at Country Level, and consortium level( where IRC is the Lead partner)
• Support dissemination and uptake of evidence and learning across the programme
Monitoring and evaluation
• Coordinate annual client exit interviews and other periodic data collection initiatives including Barrier Analysis and PEER methodology at the country level, working in conjunction with external/ WISH Hub technical experts to:
o Ensure local ethics review
o Identify and contract local researchers and enumerators
o Ensure adherence to global protocol and timelines
o Support implementation, cleaning and entering data
o Use and dissemination of findings at the country level
• Draft monitoring and evaluation sections of reports and quality assure all quantitative and qualitative information
Conduct preliminary participatory capacity assessment of current IRC program and field staff to identify specific gaps in M&E technical skills.
Based on findings, develop an M&E capacity building plan and support implementation of the same
Support broader capacity building of project staff to design and utilize M&E tools, surveys, evaluations and other M&E activities.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
• Support M&E WISH staff as relevant for country context/budget (e.g., branch and M&E coordinators, data entry clerks)
• Frequent and direct contact with IPPF’s WISH2ACTION Evidence & Learning team;
• External Donors – DFID’s Third-Party Monitoring Agency.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
• First Degree in Statistics, Actuarial sciences, Economics or relevant degree.
• Master Degree in Project management or Data related studies will be an added advantage
• Competency in Use of Microsoft Office, Statistical packages- SPSS and STATA.
• At least 5 years work experience in Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning.
Proven success in designing, implementing, and operating project M&E systems from project initiation to closeout stages
Experience with data management practices and procedures for large-scale programmes, ideally within Payment by Results programmes
Experience implementing procedures and practices to ensure data quality and verification, including data quality assessments
Experience using DHIS2 for data collection, reporting and visualization
Experience with using supportive approaches to building capacity at service delivery points to accurately record, document, report and use data
Knowledge, skills and experience in participatory methods experience in use of data to inform decision-making, planning, and performance monitoring;
Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills;
Demonstrated teamwork experience, including abilities to coordinate effectively with diverse individuals, teams, and stakeholders to achieve results;
Strong ability to work independently, organize work, meet deadlines, maintain composure, prioritize work under pressure, coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail
Record of delivering successful and innovative solutions to challenges
Knowledge of major evaluation methodologies (e.g., qualitative, quantitative, and mixed method) and data collection and analysis methodologies
Proven technical skills in data management including data collection, cleaning, analysis and use across complex, large scale programmes
Skilled at and passionate about supporting the use of data for decision-making, strategizing and course correction
Training and Facilitation skills.
OTHER PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
Analytical, resourceful, organized, patient but persistent, detail- and solution-oriented, and able to work collaboratively across teams to use data to support decision-making.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
IRC et les employés de IRC doivent adhérer aux valeurs et principes contenus dans le IRC WAY (normes de conduite professionnelle). Ce sont l’Intégrité, le Service, et la Responsabilité. En conformité avec ces valeurs, IRC opère et fait respecter les politiques sur la protection des bénéficiaires contre l’exploitation et les abus, la protection de l’enfant, le harcèlement sur les lieux de travail, l’intégrité financière, et les représailles.