Murang’a University Job Vacancy : Transport Officer
Welcome to JobwebKenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
Ref: MUT 7/02/18
The Transport Officer reports to the Registrar Administration and Planning so as to assist in the following:-
- Preparation of schedules for the fleet and the drivers.
- Supervision and monitoring staff performance in the section.
- Requisition of fuel, lubricants, tyres, tubes and other expendable of the fleet.
- Ensuring that all the vehicles in the fleet meet necessary requirements for their operations, such as insurance, road license, inspection reports, cleanliness etc.
- Ensuring proper routine servicing and repairs of the University vehicles .
- Providing regular reports on the operations of the transport services.
- Advising on the staffing needs of the transport operations section.
- Effective utilization of University vehicles.
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the Registrar Administration and Planning.
- Bachelor degree or Higher national diploma in mechanical engineering or transport management.
- At least five (5) years experience at transport officer grade 7/8
- Valid driving licence
In addition to the qualifications set above, the shortlisted applicants will be required to bring along the following clearance certificates in accordance with Chapter Six of the Kenyan Constitution:
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Criminal Investigation Department
- Credit Reference Bureau
Applicants MUST submit six (6) copies of applications with detailed curriculum vitae, copies of certificates, e-mail address, telephone contact and names, telephone numbers and contact addresses of three referees to the address below to reach on or before 28th February, 2018.
Please quote the reference number of the position on both the application letter and envelope.
The Vice Chancellor
Murang’a University of Technology
P.O. Box 75 – 10200,
Murang’a University of Technology is an equal opportunity employer. Women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.