National Technical Expert (Deputy Team Leader) at Sustainet Group
Sustainet E.A. is a Non- governmental organization promoting sustainable agricultural practices in East and Horns of Africa. Our network includes 209 NGOs/CBOs from the region with a reach out of 1.5 million small-holder farmers. Sustainet E.A. Focuses on promotion of sustainable agricultural practices aimed at eradicating hunger and poverty through increasing agricultural productivity and profitability while conserving the utilization of the natural resources. Sustainet came into being as an initiative by the German Council for Sustainable Development through “programme of action 2015: Poverty reduction- a Global Responsibility”, in 2003. The project was piloted in three regions of East Africa (Kenya and Tanzania), Asia (India) and Latin America (Peru and Bolivia) www.sustainet.org. However in 2009 founding member organizations from East Africa region at an Annual General Meeting (AGM) resolved to legally register the initiative as an international NGO
- Identification of demands from MSME, Start-ups and smallholders for improved access to inputs, services and markets
- Identification of direct and indirect local income and employment potentials especially for women and young people in relevant input and service sectors in selected value chains.
- Selection of (innovative, employment and demand oriented) inputs and services to be promoted.
- Identification and development of business models for demand-oriented inputs and services as well as the access models to ensure the target groups will benefit from improved access
- Piloting of the selected inputs and services as sustainable business models
- Support access to financing for the promoted business models and their clients
- Up-scaling of the tested business models and setting up of access models with the clients/target group, including networking of the established services with value chain actors (and supported MSME, smallholders/cooperatives and start-ups in action field 2), support to establishment on the market, establishment of business relationships in the funded value chains and sectors etc.
- Setting up of inclusive contract farming or out grower schemes as access models to increase access to inputs, services and markets especially for small holders/cooperatives
- Access to land and public financial services will be mainly supported by RYE, however, the contractor will be called to actively contribute in the frame of activities under the responsibility of the contractor.
- Qualification of smallholders/cooperatives and ToT (training providers, extension service etc.) within the framework of cooperation with the private sector, e.g. on GAPs, certification / organic farming, quality standards, hygiene, innovation/diversification, entrepreneurship, marketing skills, etc.
- Supporting professionalization of (youth) cooperatives and producer groups (e.g. joint buying/selling and saving/lending, transparent administration, and registration procedures, thereby improving access to training, markets, financing, advice, inputs, etc.
- Development and application (including ToT) of demand-oriented training material (for supported input and service providers as well as the training of farmers and producer groups.
- University qualification in agriculture, agribusiness, economy or related fields
- Language: English (CEFRL: C1), Suaheli (CEFRL: C1).
- General professional experience: Agricultural Value Chain Development, Agricultural production.
- Specific professional experience: services around agriculture, contract farming, cooperation with the private sector, farmer organizations,
- 5 years of Leadership/management experience.
- 7 years of regional experience working in Kenya.
- 4 years’ experience working in DC
The applicant should have following soft skills:
- Communication skills
- Sociocultural competence
- Partner- and customer-oriented, efficient action
- Interdisciplinary thinking
The post National Technical Expert (Deputy Team Leader) at Sustainet Group appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.