Network Admin Job TMUC – Career Point Kenya
Network Administrator Job, Current IT Jobs In Kenya,
Position: Network Administrator – Grade 12 – One (1) Position – TMUC/ADM/03/20
Location: Homa bay
Tom Mboya University College (TMUC) was gazetted on April 16th, 2016 as a Constituent College of Maseno University (MSU). Tom Mboya University College is named after the legendary politician Tom Joseph Mboya. The University College is located in Homa-Bay Town, Homa Bay County, approximately 100 metres from the shore of Lake Victoria. In pursuit of its mission and mandate, the University College wishes to invite applications from qualified candidates to fill the position indicated below. The terms for the advertised positions will be on permanent and pensionable terms.
- A Bachelors Degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering or Computer Science or any other related field from a recognized University;
- At-least three (3) years relevant work experience at the level of grade
- Certification in network administration e.g. HCNA, CCN
- Registered with the relevant professional body;
- In addition, the candidate must have proven experience in planning, design and implementation of vast network systems, Good interpersonal skills, Team spirit and collaboration, Ability to prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment and good written and oral communication skills.
- Ensure that the institution’s network is implemented according to the Government Enterprise Architecture standards for
- Plan, design, and execute network expansion and communication equipment within the
- Manage planning and maintenance of the University college’s
- Responsible for the administration of the network systems and the upgrading of the system.
- Ensure that there is optimal operation of all network devices e.g. Switches, routers etc.
- Responsible for configuration of the university network so as to ensure that there is reliable and efficient network system that meets the objectives of the
- Liaise with Internet service providers to ensure that there is 100% uptime of internet connectivity within the
- Liaise with the public sector to ensure that the university benefits from the available network standards, programmes and government
- Implement the institution’s ICT initiatives with different public and private
- Liaise with the different university’s managed units to perform on- site analysis, determine their network needs, resolve complex network problems spanning from end user equipment to other Government Enterprise Architecture
- Provide infrastructure support and ensure network security by ensuring proper implementation of different Network security practices and
- Any other relevant duty as may be assigned by the supervisor from time to
How to apply
Ten (10) copies of applications should be submitted together with an updated Curriculum Vitae giving details of the applicant; age, marital status, academic and professional qualification, working experience, present post and salary, telephone contact, email address, names and referees plus copies of the certificates and testimonials. The reference number of the position applied should be clearly indicated. All applications be addressed to;
Tom Mboya University College P. O. BOX 199 – 40300
So as to reach not later than Wednesday 14th October, 2020. Any canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Applicants are advised to contact their referees and request them to send their letters of reference to the above address. The referees should write and send their recommendations, under sealed envelopes before the advert deadline.