Network Engineer at Co-operative Bank of Kenya
The Co-operative Bank of Kenya Limited is incorporated in Kenya under the Company Act and is also licensed to do the business of banking under the Banking Act. The Bank was initially registered under the Co-operative Societies Act at the point of founding in 1965. This status was retained up to and until June 27th 2008 when the Bank’s Special General Meeting resolved to incorporate under the Companies Act with a view to complying with the requirements for listing on the Nairobi Stock Exchange (NSE)
Are you looking for an employer who promotes individual excellence and mutual respect in a team-driven culture? The Co-operative Bank of Kenya, “The Kingdom Bank” is the place for those looking
to new horizons. We are seeking to recruit an experienced professional and innovative individual who is excellent with all things Network in IT. If you are good at problem-solving, prioritizing and multi-tasking with a keen eye for detail and the dedication to supporting our company’s IT infrastructure, then this is a job for
Reporting to the Head – Network & Infrastructure Support, the Network Engineer is responsible for the development, implementation, maintenance and administration of the corporate data Network. Develops, coordinates, and maintains the network and disaster recovery to ensure uptime and business continuity. Documents all the ICT infrastructure and manages the entire inventory. They will analyze network security needs and assists in developing standards, guidelines and statements of direction for the corporate ICT system architectures and the Network security administrators.
Specifically, the successful jobholder will be required to:
- Manage performance of ICT Infrastructure and applications to ensure that the systems work as designed and perform consistently and reliably in order to meet Business SLAs.
- Monitor ICT Infrastructure performance including SNMP, logs, events and maintenance of general systems health in order to provide proactive remedial support.
- Develop and maintain device access, control policies, data transmission policies, storage policies, Business continuity policies, backup policies, security policies, monitoring profiles, technologies, and notification rules that match compliance best practice expectations.
- Plan and implement timely product upgrades, firewall signature updates and patch releases for all ICT assets
- Research and evaluate external technical trends & developments and evolving industry standards concerning technologies affecting networks, security, client/server and other platforms and their application to business systems. Research local and international technology trends in business to improve system performance, security and functionality.
- Define and document the various architecture components, including hardware platform, operating system, execution, development, operation, distribution and technologies related to networking systems.
- Install, support, and maintain hardware and software infrastructure, attend to system failures and resolve/coordinate resolution of issues.
- Establish and maintain business relationships with vendors, consultants and other outside entities providing services to the bank. Negotiate contracts and appropriately monitor performance of their services.
- Be the custodian of all remote authentication passwords for all connections to the corporate
- Network Infrastructure and ensure minimal external threat to information resources.
- Manage internal staff and external vendors to ensure that services are delivered promptly with an aim of obtaining zero interruption to business operations.
- Enabling Networks to Meet Business Demands
Desired Skills and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or an IT-related field from a recognized university with possession of Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) is a must.
- Wide Networking and project management experience with a minimum of 3 years experience in planning, systems analysis, design, support and development of LAN/WAN infrastructure.
- Demonstrated experience integrating systems in multi-user, multi-platform, multitasking operating systems environments such as UNIX, Windows 2003/2008
- Excellent understanding and working knowledge with TCP/IP, IP Telephony and Firewall appliances
- A specialist in IT/ Engineering background with competencies in Networking, Engineering,
- Power systems and good project management/consulting skills.
- Excellent leadership skills with demonstrated ability to lead or facilitate mission critical projects and to develop, participate in and lead multi-disciplinary work teams.
- Extensive experience in systems planning, design, development, maintenance and troubleshooting with a track record of accomplishment in large, complex WANs, LANs and client/server based systems.
- Demonstrated understanding of modern information security threats and competency in developing effective solutions.
- Demonstrated experience working with multi vendor infrastructures such as Cisco, IBM and Sun/ Oracle
- Extensive knowledge of Service Provider infrastructure and demonstrated experience working with SP equipment and protocols
- Demonstrated competency in project management in a cross-functional environment and experience in managing resources to meet goals on multiple projects.
The post Network Engineer at Co-operative Bank of Kenya appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.