New Jobs in Kenya Collection
An established and growing international courier and logistics company is looking to hire an Operations Assistant to join their team.
Job Summary: The ideal candidate will be responsible for planning, organizing and directing smooth & efficient operations of the Company’s daily operations, logistics and inventory control functions.
- Receiving pre alerts from agents and client and following up with the airlines on arrival of shipments both airfreight and sea freight
- Coordinate with government agencies – Kenya Airport Authority, Kenya Ports Authority, Internal Container Depot, KEBS, KEPHIS, Pharmaceuticals and Poisons Board
- Liaising with clients on their shipments and ensuring that all documentations are received and/or prepared before goods arrive
- Application and follow up of IDF’s in the Orbus system.
- Lodging of entries in the Tradex system and ensuring that the correct tariffs, description of goods and weights are inputted
- Responsible for supervising operations assistants in daily operations
- Liaising with the operations team at the airport/Mombasa in the clearance of goods.
- Updating clients on the status of the clearance of their goods at all times, sending clients status emails by close of business
- Liaising with agents abroad on any freight collections being done on our behalf and preparing any necessary documentations
- Ensuring that shipments both in Nairobi and Mombasa are cleared in good time to avoid demurrage costs at all times
- Updating the clients files with the progress of the clearance process, indicating all details including date and time and any amounts disbursed
- Maintains documentation to reflect the effectiveness and efficiency of department activities
- Ensuring that the filing system is up to date and in an organized manner with all documents being filed for future and easy reference
- Liaising with customer service on POD confirmations of shipments.
- Working on quotations for both the office clients and agents
- Ensure the security and accountability of materials and goods with inventory
- Liaise with customs officials at the airport, Times Tower on issues arising
- Understand export, customs and shipping procedures and ship products to various international locations.
- Clearance of goods at the airport.
- Any other responsibilities as may be indicated by the General Manager.
- To ensure you are a prime candidate for this opportunity, it is essential that you have experience in an operations environment within the courier/ freight industry
- Diploma/degree in business administration, supply chain, logistics, clearing and forwarding
- More than 4 years related experience
- Familiar with KRA tariffs and goods classification
- Trained and proficient on KRA Simba, KENTRADE and KWATOS systems
- Familiar with customs requirements
- Team management/supervisory experience a must
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Works with integrity and ethically
- Computer skills a must
Qualities and skills: This position requires an energetic, self-motivated person who is passionate about operations and relationship management and has a strong background in this, self-driven individual with a keen eye for detail.
Location: The role holder will be based on Mombasa Road, Nairobi
Deadline: Interested parties should send their online applications on or before 15th September 2017
Applications not meeting minimum requirements will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.