NGO Communications Internships Kenya 2021
Vacancy: Communications Intern
About ICS –SP
Investing in Children and their Societies (ICS SP) is an innovative African NGO that works in rural areas of Africa together with families, communities, and other stakeholders to create safe and nurturing environments for children to reach their full potential. At the very core of our work is Skilful Parenting and Ending Violence against Children. These are embedded in well-targeted economic empowerment and agribusiness programmes that aim to improve household income and food security. In our experience, this combined approach leads better chances of sustainably securing the wellbeing of children and families.
About the Internship
We are looking for a Communications Intern that will disseminate project messages to inform key audiences. S/he will develop skills to draft success stories and content for social media Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn. The intern should be a highly motivated, and self-driven individual who is interested in gaining significant hands-on experience in the areas of communications, adaptive programming, knowledge management, research and social media management including excellent operational skill of Microsoft Office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and draft monthly social media schedules and posts under the guidance of the Director.
- Undertake monitoring and analysing engagement on social media and drafting engagement reports.
- Draft compelling narratives for communications content, which could take the form of weekly technical bullets, success stories, social media graphics, etc.
- Under the guidance of the Director, support with compiling lessons learned, editing, design and layout of reports.
- Assist with keeping digitized, updated media and programme partners contact list.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, Public Relations or related field.
- A creative writer, with ability to write easy to read narratives on various topics.
- Proven experience using Microsoft Office, with interest and ability to learn new software.
- Experience using social media tools and channels, particularly blogging and content management system preferred.
- Graphic design, video production or digital photography skills an advantage.
- Motivated and energetic self-starter who takes initiative.
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse team members.
- Enthusiasm to learn and develop new skills within the role.