NRC Job Vacancy : Warehouse Assistant NGO
Welcome to JobwebKenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
The Warehouse Assistant is responsible for receiving, storing and distributing materials and supplies in the Kakuma warehouse.
Warehouse Assistant reports to Support Coordinator
- Oversee the receiving, storage and dispatching of supplies and project materials to the respective camps
- Ensure effective and efficient logistics support for daily Area operations including procurement and supplies on the assigned project(s), all being implemented in accordance within the policies and standards, as well as approved budgets
- Participate in the tendering process including preparation of tender documents relating to project specific procurements
- Ensure that procurement status reports are up to date at all times and are shared appropriately.
- Ensure that all records including inventory lists of NRC items and equipment are updated and easily available to authorized users
- Ensure that the periodic inventory reports are prepared as required internally by NRC and/or by donors i.e. monthly, quarterly, and yearly.
- Ensure adherence to NRC handbook, guidelines and Donor requirements.
- Assign duties, supervise and appraise section staff.
- Responsible for organization storage and warehouse of equipment and materials including proper use of documents and monitoring and reporting stock level
- Higher National Diploma in Business Administration or Logistics with basic accounting knowledge
- At least National Certificate level training in Purchasing and Supplies preferred.
- Excellent inter personal and communication skills
- High level of personal integrity
- Organised and a good planner with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- Significant understanding of complex emergencies
- Understanding of various donors requirements
- Excellent working skills with Microsoft Office and a database package.