Nurses Counselors at Nairobi Hospital
We take pride in our highly qualified professionals who deliver our mission every day, translating their knowledge and expertise to internationally compliant practices in healthcare provision. Courtesy, consideration and unreserved respect towards our patients’ privacy, dignity and confidentiality has time and again helped us earn their trust and goodwill. Our dedicated nursing staff provides professional care within a friendly and comfortable environment, ensuring that being in hospital is a more pleasurable and less anxious time for our patients and their families. We take pride in our highly qualified professionals who deliver our mission every day, translating their knowledge and expertise to internationally compliant practices in healthcare provision.
REF: TNH/HRD/NC/07/2020(CONTRACT TERMS)
Reporting to the Charge Nurse – Psychosocial Department, the successful candidates will be responsible for the following roles amongst others: –
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Organizing and managing the functions of patient counselling in Nursing practice;
- Providing guidance and mentorship to counselling liaison nurses, ensuring that their performance meets The Nairobi Hospital and Kenya Counselling Association standards.
- Conducting daily morning ward rounds, liaising with doctors and ward staff for new clients to be counselled;
- Observing, maintaining confidentiality and ensuring that disclosure of any information passes through the right channels;
- Maintaining the expected counselling standards by delegating to each counsellor according to their level of competence;
- Exercising professionalism and be a role model to the counselling profession within The Nairobi Hospital;
- Coordinating and maintaining the hospital’s breast cancer support group activities to ensure that clients are satisfied with the care;
- Ensuring that all inpatient clients are attended to within 24 hours of the doctor’s requisition.
- Keeping records and diary for both inpatients and outpatients counselled;
- Formulating and implementing nursing standards, procedures and audits;
- Conducting psychological debriefing for nursing staff and others as required;
- Promoting good interpersonal relationship with other disciplines within the hospital;
- Compiling and analysing statistical reports on different aspects as required.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Diploma in KRN/KRCHN or Bachelor of Science in Nursing;
- Post Basic qualification in Nursing will be an added advantage;
- Minimum Diploma in Counselling Psychology Training;
- in Counselling Psychology is an added advantage;
- Minimum of 5 years post clinical nursing;
The post Nurses Counselors at Nairobi Hospital appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – https://jobcenterkenya.com/.