Nutrition and Dietetic Technologist III at Public Service Commission Kenya (PSCK)
The Commission dates back to 1954 when Civil Service Commission was established by British Colonial Government following Holmes Commission Report, 1948; Civil Service Commission was advisory to the Governor in matters of appointments; At independence in 1963 it was enshrined in the constitution and renamed Public Service Commission; Independence Constitution had Regional PSC’s but abolished in 1964 following constitutional amendments; It is the oldest Constitutional Commission and its mandate has expanded over the years. The Commission then constituted of a chairman, a deputy chairman and fifteen members all appointed by the President. The Commission, since then, has handled matters of human resource management in the public service especially the civil service and local authorities. Constitution of Kenya, 2010 promulgated on 27th August 2010 reconstituted the Commission with a redefined and expanded mandate and a lean membership.
No of Positions: 5
Terms of Service: Three (3) months contract
Remuneration Package (Consolidated)
Medical Officers – Ksh.100,000 p.m.
Other Professionals Degrees – Ksh.70,000 p.m.
Diploma Holders – Ksh.50,000 p.m.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
- a Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) mean grade C with at least a C in Biology, English or Kiswahili and a C- in any other two (2) Science subjects;
- a Diploma in Community Nutrition, Clinical Nutrition or Nutrition and Dietetics from a recognized institution; and
- registered by the Council of the Institute of Nutritionists and Dieticians (CIND).
Duties and Responsibilities
- implementing nutrition programmes;
- providing nutrition services in health care facilities;
- conducting nutrition assessments;
- collecting and compiling nutrition data;
- providing nutrition health education and demonstrations;
- counselling of patients with specific nutritional needs;
- monitoring preparation of therapeutic feeds;
- implementing outpatient and inpatient supplementary and therapeutic feeding programmes;
- promoting maternal, infant and young children feeding programmes; and
- providing micronutrient supplementation.
The post Nutrition and Dietetic Technologist III at Public Service Commission Kenya (PSCK) appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.