Nutrition International HR Officer Job
Human Resource Officer
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Deadline for submission: June 22, 2021
At Nutrition International, we make a difference, because nutrition is the difference.
Woven into the very fabric of our approach is the passion and drive of our global team of over 400 people, working in 13 offices across 11 countries with one common goal: transforming the lives of people who need it most through improved nutrition.
If you are a motivated and passionate individual who shares our conviction that a better world is possible through improved nutrition, wants to leave the world a little better than they found it, and is looking to be part of a global team with a clear vision, we want to hear from you. Please consider applying for the position below.
Know our team
Nutrition International (NI) formerly Micronutrient Initiative, is a Canadian-based International Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) dedicated to improving the health and nutrition of mothers, children, and adolescents. NI implements high-impact and low-cost nutrition interventions in Africa. The vision of NI is a world where everyone, everywhere is free from malnutrition and able to reach their full potential. Currently, Nutrition International is seeking applications for Human Resource Officer to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
- You will have a bachelor’s degree in HR with a minimum of 3 years of experience in human resource management.
- Postgraduate diploma in human resource management.
- Must be a member of IHRM.
- Experience in conducting job evaluations.
- Proven track record in capacity building, training, and development.
- Experience in management of HR systems and data.
- Ability to lead training and motivate staff with a commitment to capacity building.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, self-motivation, positive attitude, and enthusiasm.
Fluent in written and spoken English. Knowledge of French is an asset.
About the role
In this role you will be:
- Supporting the RHRM in conducting job evaluation and grading of the position.
- Developing long and short-listing criteria for all vacant positions followed by actual longlists / shortlists of prospective candidates, while ensuring gender balance and diversity.
- Maintaining all personnel records to ensure each staff member has a complete and up-to-date personnel file.
- Supporting RHRM in the preparation for internal and external audits and ensuring that all personnel records and documents are returned for safekeeping after audits.
- Ensuring newly recruited staff sign all relevant HSR policies and documents.
- Supporting RHRM in the capacity-building initiative and staff training planning.
- Ensure reconciliation of all HRIS such as BambooHR, Journyx, and emPerform.
- Supporting the RHRM in putting together relevant work permit requirements for expatriate staff in the region.
What we offer
A competitive market pay, health and dental benefits and pension plan, flexible work hours, work from home, four weeks of vacation (plus public holidays), and support for learning and development opportunities. We offer a collaborative and engaging work environment. Read more to know more about us Top Employers of National Capital Region 2020.
This contract is up to July 2024 position with a possibility of extension subject to funds availability and other factors. Selected candidates must have a current legal entitlement to work in Kenya. We thank you for your interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Nutrition International is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to an inclusive, equitable, and accessible work environment. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process.
Please note that all our offers are conditional subject to appropriate screening checks and satisfactory reference checks.
How To Apply