OAF Communications Project Specialist Jobs NGO
ABOUT ONE ACRE FUND
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, our farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for someone to help shape our Kenya media strategy, farmer marketing through tracking and monitoring of online engagement and collection of compelling content, and help build our field communications team.
Media monitoring and relations
- Implement the Kenya and Uganda media strategy for 2021
- Pitch to local and national media on a monthly basis
- Lead the Kenya enrollment radio campaign
- Work with the government relations team and help with hosting and media pitching during government relations events
- Cultivate local media relationships across all areas of operation in Kenya and Uganda
- Host visiting media in the field and act as the primary spokesperson in the field.
- Monitor local news and produce a weekly media report on relevant news and media mentions
- Draft enrollment press releases
Social media management
- Track client engagement, trends, and respond to comments on social media platforms
- Work with the Kenya Customer engagement team to respond to frequently asked questions on Facebook.
- Tag team with Digital Media Specialist to manage One Acre Fund brand on social media
- Collect photos of ongoing activities in the field across the year using DSLR camera
- Identify and collect compelling farmer stories and photos
- Collect product photos for use in the marketing product catalogue
- Build a network of farmers to showcase in presentations, written communications, and visual media
- Shoot and produce videos for marketing to farmers and use on media platforms
Risk management and mitigation support
- Manage team members’ expectations during high pressure risk situations
- Develop messaging to help communicate the risk issue at hand
- Keep pulse and report any risk issues that might brew across the organization
- Support risk mitigation efforts as directed by the communications and in-country leadership
- Identify farmers for guests of One Acre Fund to visit, as directed by Corporate Operations
- Maintain a local database of “go-to” farmers for Corporate Operations
- Liaise to farm family for permissions and scheduling
- Host select guests during farmer visits, serving as a translator
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field
- 2+ years of experience in media, photography, videography and social media
- People management skills
- Skills to coordinate between different team members during a high pressure situation
- Basic videography and editing in Adobe premier skills
- Good photography skills
- Excellent knowledge of the Kenya media landscape
- Skills in customer engagement
- Social media management skills
PREFERRED START DATE
Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, start dates can vary significantly by role. We are adapting rapidly to Covid-19 and most of our team is now working remotely. Given the changing environment, we will appreciate your flexibility in confirming a start date.
Health insurance, paid time off
This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of Kenya.
HOW TO APPLY
We hire on a rolling basis which means that applications are reviewed and processed on a continuous basis until a hire is made.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here ([email protected]), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.