OAF Duka Area Manager NGO Jobs Kenya
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, our farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
About the Role
We are looking for exceptional professionals with at least 2 years of work experience and a demonstrated passion for our mission to help shape the culture of our Rural Retail team through managing daily operations in our growing network of shops and you will be reporting to the Duka Lead
- Manage a group of at least 10 duka supervisors;
- Train the duka supervisors and assistants within your allocated group;
- Coordinate delivery and return of orders across the shops that you manage;
- Oversee the relationship with external customers and other interested parties;
- Conduct outreach in each location to attract new clients;
- Perform additional tasks as requested by the manager as needed.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- Experience working in sales, marketing or business management;
- Strong knowledge of agricultural products and practices;
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Experience managing an agrovet preferred, or other relevant agricultural experience;
- Collaborative nature with a commitment to teamwork;
- Experience meeting targets;
- Ability to delegate work and motivate a team;
- Excellent Microsoft Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets), Microsoft Word skills and a good level of general computer literacy;
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili;
- Preference for a Bachelor’s from a recognized academic institution in sales, agriculture or marketing;
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Health insurance, paid time off
This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of Kenya
We hire on a rolling basis which means that applications are reviewed and processed on a continuous basis until a hire is made.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here ([email protected]), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.