Occupational Safety & Health Officer Jobs, Health & Safety Jobs 2020, PSC Jobs,
(Nursing Officer I – Fifteen (15) Posts; Assistant Mechanical Engineer II – Seven (7) Posts; Assistant Electrical Engineer II – Seven (7) Posts; Chemical Engineer II – Seven (7) Posts; Environmental Science – Seven (7) Posts; Computer Science – Seven (7) Posts; Production Technologist – Seven (7) Posts)
Salary Scale: Ksh.37,070 – Ksh.49,950 p.m. (CSG -‘10’)
Terms of service: Three (3) years Contract (Renewable subject to satisfactory performance)
- For appointment to this grade, an officer must have a Bachelor of Science degree in any of the following disciplines: Medicine, Nursing, Chemistry, Physics, Zoology, Biochemistry, Engineering or Occupational Safety & Health or its equivalent and any other relevant qualification from a recognized institution.
This is the entry and training grade for this cadre. An officer at this level will work under the supervision of a senior officer. Duties and responsibilities will entail:
- compiling information on safety and health hazards;
- maintaining statistics on accidents, dangerous occurrences and occupational diseases;
- processing applications for registration of work places and employers under Occupational Safety and Health Act and Work Injury Benefits Act respectively;
- processing work injury benefits claims;
- preparing workers for medical examination;
- carrying out medical examinations;
- documenting the presence and use of first aid services and occupational health in the work place, manning occupational health clinics;
- carrying out counseling services on basic occupational health issues; and
- training on Occupational Safety and Health.
NOTE: in addition to the above requirements for appointment to this grade;
- a Nursing Officer must be registered by the Nursing Council of Kenya,
- an Engineer must be registered by the Engineers Registration Board of Kenya; and
- a Medical Officer must be registered by the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentist Board.
How To Apply
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the positions shown below.
- Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form. It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application. Details of academic and professional certificates not obtained by closure of the advert should not be included.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- The Public Service Commission is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution – Chapter 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenyans diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and persons with disabilities. THEREFORE, PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
- It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates/documents.
- Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
Applications should reach the Commission on or before 11th May, 2020 latest 5.00 pm (East African Time).