Office Assistant III at Kenya Law
Kenya Law is a corporate body established by the National Council for Law Reporting Act,1994 and given the exclusive mandate of: “publication of the reports to be known as the Kenyan Law Reports which shall contain judgments, rulings and opinions of the Superior Courts of record and also undertake such other publications as in the opinion of the Council are reasonably related to or connected with the preparation and publication of the Kenya Law Reports” (section 3). Mission To Provide Universal Access to Kenya’s Public Legal Information by Monitoring and Reporting on the Development of Jurisprudence for the Promotion of the Rule of Law Vision Accessible Public Legal Information towards an Enlightened Society Official slogan Where Legal Information is Public Knowledge Policy Statements Access to information “As a member of the Free Access to Law Movement, at Kenya Law we believe that: Â· Public legal information is part of the common heritage of humanity and maximizing access to this information promotes Justice and the Rule of Law
The role of this position is to ensure that the office environment is safe, healthy and kept to high standards and to provide support services to the Commission.
- Basic Salary Scale: Kshs. 27,209 – Kshs. 32,920 p.m.
- House Allowance: Kshs. 6,750 p.m
- Commuter Allowance: Kshs. 3,000 p.m
- Terms of Service: Permanent and pensionable
- Medical: As per the current KLRC medical insurance cover
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure cleanliness of Commissions offices;
- Assist in arranging for in house events such as meetings/workshops (arranging furniture, boards, charts, stationery and re-arranging after completion;
- Moving or carrying office equipment, furniture and ensuring orderly arrangements;
- Clean the kitchen equipment/items and take care of kitchen items as per inventory while maintaining a hygienic kitchen environment;
- Provide support services, which include distribution of correspondence, dispatch mail to the post office and other destinations;
- Prepare and serve tea to staff and other office stakeholders as instructed;
- Collecting and disposing waste including papers and ensure general disposal of litter;
- Undertake day-to-day errands as may be required; and
- Assist in photocopying and documentation tasks and participate in basic filling of documents.
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:-
- KCSE D Plain;
- Certificate in Customer care or its equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution; and
- Certificate in computer application skills.
In addition to the above requirements, the person must have the following skills:-
- Self-driven; and
- Stress tolerance.
- Team player; and
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
The post Office Assistant III at Kenya Law appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.