Office Assistant | ReliefWeb
Education, Knowledge & Professional Experience
· Relevant post- Secondary Education (Form Four) level training sufficient to provide the ability to read and write at a level consistent with the requirements of the position;
· Ability to work in a team;
· Demonstrate highest degree of integrity, credibility, and character;
· Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
· Experience working in busy office environment preferably NGO setting;
· Be self-driven and capable of working with minimal supervision; · Reflects CBM values in daily work.
· Clean the office space, kitchen, conference room(s) and washrooms daily including dusting all surfaces, cleaning floors, wiping the windows etc.
· Emptying waste bins and ensure waste material is collected by the garbage collection company every week;
· Efficiently run the kitchen, making and serving tea to staff and visitors; including washing utensils;
· Purchase of office cleaning consumables, and snacks as requested;
· Track supplies and usage, and advice on re-order levels;
· Comply with all safety and health procedures and requirements at CBM and, at all times ensure your own safety and health and that of other persons who may be affected by your acts or omissions at CBM;
· Report any break down of office fittings relevant to area of work in timely manner;
· Carry out role-specific responsibility to safeguard children and adults at risk (as guided by CBM’s respective policies) in programmes and enforce this with any colleagues and partners you may oversee
· Performs office errands as requested within the scope of the role
· Occasionally supports front office with communication/customer service – receives and directs visitors, answers and routes telephone calls, conveys information both orally and in writing, responds to or re-directs inquiries appropriately, schedules and coordinates meetings and related logistics, provides materials, and initiates requests for information when required.
How to apply:
Candidates with the required profile and proven experiences, who meet these qualifications, are invited to submit via e-mail, a meaningful letter of motivation, stating why he/she wishes to work for CBM, CV, three professional references and salary expectations to [email protected]
Application deadline: 5 pm 17th January 2019
CBM encourages persons with disabilities who qualify to apply for this position.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.