Office of the Auditor-General Job Vacancy : Audit Associate II
Welcome to JobwebKenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
The Office of the Auditor-General (OAG) is an independent Office established under Article 229 of the Constitution of Kenya.
The Office is charged with the primary oversight role of ensuring accountability in the use of public resources within the three arms of government (the Legislature, the Judiciary and the Executive) as well as the Constitutional Commissions, Independent Office and any entity that is funded from public funds.
Pursuant to Article 252 (1) (c) of the Constitution, the Office seeks to recruit qualified and competent staff to fill the following position: –
This position is responsible for the execution of audit functions assigned, and assists in the delivery of timely documentation of audit findings to management for review. The job holder will undertake assignments allocated to him / her by the team leader which may include performance audit, systems and process audit or audit of annual accounts of any entity funded from the public funds. The incumbents may also be deployed to work in Corporate Services Department.
Reporting to the team leader, the incumbents will be deployed to work in any of the OAG offices located in Nairobi, Mombasa, Kisumu, Nakuru, Eldoret, Kakamega, Nyeri, Embu, Garissa, Kisii, Machakos and Bungoma.
- Assist in conducting audit exercises and assurance in the auditee institutions, agencies and state corporations according to the prescribed scope within the audit process to ensure compliance with internal controls and procedures.
- Collect data on information systems and processes of the auditee institution to be used in the validation of financial documents.
- Obtain in-depth understanding of each function being audited, identify and assess risk during the audit process.
- Assist in developing, presenting and finalizing audit reports
- Assist in the preparation of documents i.e. working papers, planning memorandums and audit reports as required by management in line with the quality standards of the audit process
- A Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University preferably in Social Sciences or other fields relevant to the audit function such as Auditing, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Law, Business Administration, Public Administration, Engineering, Human Resource Management or other relevant disciplines.
- Demonstrate proficiency in Information & Communication Technology
- Ethical Understand ethical behaviour and public sector practices. Ensure that own behaviour and behaviour towards others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values and ethical standards of the Office of the Auditor – General.
- Linguistic Analytical Ability Understands complicated linguistic information, both spoken and written.
- Produces own documents of high quality.
- Problem solving analytical ability Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem
- Effective Communication Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and efficient manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques. Speak eloquently and engagingly in meetings, in one-on-one situations as well as in small and large groups. Listen, be receptive to the counterpart and adapt to the situation. Adjust the message to the recipient.
- Teamwork Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance effectiveness within the Office.
Applications for the position of Audit Associate II together with a detailed resume, scanned copies of professional and academic Certificates, other testimonials and National Identification card should be submitted to the e – mail address shown on or before December 31st, 2018 addressed to:
The Auditor –General
Office of the Auditor General
P.O. Box 30084-00100
Email: [email protected]
Applications must have daytime telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees from the previous employers.
Hard copies will NOT be accepted except for the positions of Motor Vehicle Driver and Office Assistant, where applications should be posted to the above address or dropped at the Reception of the Office of the Auditor – General Headquarters based on the 3rd Floor at Anniversary Towers – Nairobi
It is a criminal offence to provide false information and documents in the job applications. The
Office shall take appropriate action on any applicant who shall be found to have presented false information and/ or documents in the applications.
The Office of the Auditor-General is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to have diversity in workforce in line with the Constitution. Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing of any form will lead to automatic disqualification.