Officer – Customer Service Advisor-Sign Language Interpreters at Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) was established by an Act of Parliament, Chapter 469 of the laws of Kenya , which became effective on 1st July 1995 . The Authority is charged with the responsibility of collecting revenue on behalf of the Government of Kenya.
The overall purpose of the Customer Service Advisor position is to acquire, grow and deepen customer relationships through excellent service delivery by serving walk in customers/taxpayers and customers/taxpayers with hearing impairment and facilitating content creation for persons with hearing impairment.
The position is key in informing management decisions on the operation of the Centres by accurate and timely collection of all relevant data on its operations.
Key Performance Areas
- Offer sign-language interpretation services as and when required/ called upon.
- Act as the first point of contact resolution for customers and ensure the delivery of quality service by projecting a professional and warm image.
- Provide accurate, valid, complete and educative information to customers using the right methods, skills and tools.
- Encourage customers to participate by giving feedback using the provided service quality tools with a view of recommending process improvements for process re-engineering and excellent service delivery.
- Assist customers in accessing KRA processes at the Service Centre
- Conduct taxpayer engagements, education and customer visits to increase awareness of taxpayer rights and obligations and enhance voluntary compliance.
- Ensure complaints are handled and recorded as per the Complaints Management Framework.
- Escalate customer issues that need intervention of technical staff via the recommended service escalation email.
- Ensure adherence to all quality requirements under ISO 9008:2015, Authority’s Service Charter, Customer Service Standards & Policy and work procedure manual
- Reports – Prepare periodical reports on as required
Education and Work experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Marketing, Business Administration or any other related field.
- Certificate of proficiency in sign language.
- Practiced sign language or worked in a sign Language environment for a period of at least 2 years.
Skills and Knowledge
- Sign Language
- Product knowledge: In-depth knowledge on Tax Administration, Customs
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices.
- Working knowledge of relevant computer applications.
- Numeric, oral and written language applications.
- Mathematical skills to perform calculations.
The post Officer – Customer Service Advisor-Sign Language Interpreters at Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.