Officer Health and Nutrition – Kibish at Concern Worldwide
We are an international humanitarian organisation dedicated to tackling poverty and suffering in the world’s poorest countries. Concern Worldwide began working in Kenya in May 2002 with the development of an urban programme in Nairobi.
Reports to: Manager – Health and Nutrition
Direct reports: None
Job Location: Kaikor- Turkana County
Contract Details: One (1) Year Fixed Term Contract. Renewable Subject to Availability of Funds & Performance
The incumbent, as part of the USAID OFDA programme implementation team, will provide technical guidance as well as hands on support to the Kibish and Turkana North County Health Management Team to strengthen their capacity and skills in the implementation of High Impact Nutrition interventions (HINI) through the integrated health systems strengthening approach and work with community groups to build their resilience and strengthen their knowledge and capacity in health and nutrition services and appropriate care taking
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support to MoH on delivery of High Impact Nutrition intervention components at health facilities and when need be outreach sites;
- Assist the Manager to provide technical support to partners in the implementation of the project.
- Work with MoH to implement work plans as agreed;
- Liaising closely with the sub-county health management teams (SCHMT) and Hospital Management Teams (HMT) to develop joint work plans and ensure MoH ownership and integration of the programme into the existing health systems;
- In partnership with the Sub-County Health Management Team (SCHMT) including the Sub County Medical Officer in charge of health (SCMOH), Sub County Public Health Nurse, Sub-County Nutrition Coordinator, Public Health Officers and the hospital nutritionist develop and implement monthly work plans for the Sub-county;
- Ensure programme quality control through implementation of monthly and quarterly M&E;
- Closely monitor the nutrition situation in the programme area;
- While working with the health facility nutritionist and the SCNO, support the rural health facilities to establish referral systems and create referral links for access to in-patient and other services beneficial to the beneficiaries not provided by the rural health facilities;
- Support with operationalizing of community Units and community mobilization activities; plan trainings , routinely engage Community Health Volunteers and Community Health Assistants;
- Support with documentation of the programme implementation process to generate lesson learning as well as case studies;
- Participate in coordination of and data collection for, KPC, SMART and coverage surveys to assesses the nutrition situation of the target population;
- Writing of monthly reports and briefs as well as quarterly reports;
- Contribute significantly to the development of regular donor reports;
- Together with MOH and other partners involved in delivery of nutrition services in the Sub-County, conduct technical quality monitoring visits including joint support supervision visits;
- Oversee and coordinate the implementation of MIYCN activities at the health facilities and at the community;
- Work closely with the UNICEF and WFP contact staff to ensure that all health facilities have adequate supplies of therapeutic commodities at all time;
- Participate and contribute as necessary towards Concern’s emergency response as and when necessary and comply with Concern’s health, safety and security guidelines during emergencies
- Adhere to the standards of conduct outlined in the Concern Code of Conduct & Associated Policies
- A degree in Nutrition and Dietetics or in Nursing with solid experience/background in Nutrition. Strong clinical competence and knowledge of maternal and child health will be added advantage.
- At least two (2) years’ experience in Maternal and Child Health and Nutrition programming in both a development and emergency context.
- An understanding of the context, prior experience working and/or living in any of the target counties is highly desirable
- Experience working with and through local partners in ASAL contexts
- Experience and knowledge of MOH systems, particularly at County level.
- Good understanding of cross cutting issues- gender, DRR, etc. and how to integrate them into public health and nutrition programmes.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and report writing skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively in teams.
- Proficient in Computer applications
- Fluent in both spoken and written English and Kiswahili. Fluency in local language/s skills is an added advantage.**
This job description is not exhaustive and may be revised by the line manager from time to time.
Concern has a Concern Code of Conduct & Associated Policies which have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants, especially beneficiaries, from abuse and exploitation, and to clarify the responsibilities of Concern staff, partner organisations, and anyone engaged by Concern or visiting our programmes, and the standards of behaviour expected of them. In this context all Concern staff have a responsibility to the organisation to strive for, and maintain, the highest standards in the day-to-day conduct of their work in accordance with Concern’s core values and mission. Any candidate offered a job with Concern will be expected to sign the Code of Conduct and Associated Policies as appendices to their contract of employment. By signing the Concern Code of Conduct and Associated Policies candidates demonstrate they have understood its content and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these documents. Any breach of the Concern Code of Conduct and Associated Policies by employees of Concern during the course of their employment will result in disciplinary action up to, and including, dismissal
The post Officer Health and Nutrition – Kibish at Concern Worldwide appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – https://jobcenterkenya.com/.