Officer – Independent Review of Objections at Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) was established by an Act of Parliament, Chapter 469 of the laws of Kenya , which became effective on 1st July 1995 . The Authority is charged with the responsibility of collecting revenue on behalf of the Government of Kenya. A Board of Directors, consisting of both public and private sector experts, makes policy decisions to be implemented by KRA Management. The Chairman of the Board is appointed by the President of the Republic of Kenya . The Chief Executive of the Authority is the Commissioner General who is appointed by the Minister for Finance. PURPOSE OF KRA Assessment , Collection, Administration and Enforcement of laws relating to revenue.
Department: Legal Services and Board Coordination
Division: Tax Dispute Resolution Division
Section: Independent Review of Objections
Responsible for (Purpose of the job)
- Analysis of taxpayer objections, making recommendation on objections, communicating objection decisions, preparing and updating program reports.
Tasks and outputs:
- Review lodged objections for validity
- Collect information and documents from the taxpayer and the assessing department
- Review documents submitted to support the objection.
- Participate in consultative meetings with the assessing department and the taxpayers
- Preparation of submissions for review by supervisor and Presentation to the Objections Review Committee
- Implementation of the recommendations of the Objections Review Committee
- Any other duties as allocated by the Supervisor
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Commerce, Economics, Statistics, Law or related disciplines from a recognised university.
- Must have a tax training and/or exposure to taxes administered by the Kenya Revenue Authority.
- Must be knowledgeable and ready to learn
- A good understanding of revenue statutes.
Minimum years of experience
- One (1) year work experience in a tax or dispute resolution environment in a comparable organization.
Competencies required for this role
- Strong analytical and judgement skills
- A quick learner and ready to take instructions
- Resilient, focused and results oriented.
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Motivated, dynamic and dedicated team player.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships.
- Must be a person of integrity.
- Computer literate.
The post Officer – Independent Review of Objections at Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.