Officer – Litigation at Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) was established by an Act of Parliament, Chapter 469 of the laws of Kenya , which became effective on 1st July 1995 . The Authority is charged with the responsibility of collecting revenue on behalf of the Government of Kenya. A Board of Directors, consisting of both public and private sector experts, makes policy decisions to be implemented by KRA Management. The Chairman of the Board is appointed by the President of the Republic of Kenya . The Chief Executive of the Authority is the Commissioner General who is appointed by the Minister for Finance. PURPOSE OF KRA Assessment , Collection, Administration and Enforcement of laws relating to revenue.
Department: Legal Services and Board Coordination
Division: Legal Services
Responsible for (Purpose of the job).
- Providing litigation support services on matters affecting the Authority.
Tasks and outputs:
- Offer support in the research and preparation of legislation that impact on KRA and recommendations for any necessary amendments.
- Offer support in the preparation of Memoranda of Understandings, bilateral and multilateral legal instruments with tax implications.
- Represent KRA in mainstream courts, Tax Tribunals, and other courts.
- Offer support in analyzing Judgments and Rulings.
- Drafting of Pleadings and Defenses.
- Bachelor’s degree in Law (LLB).
- A Post graduate diploma in Law.
- Advocate of the High Court of Kenya.
- Possess a valid Practicing Certificate (LSK).
- Computer literate.
Minimum years of experience
- One (1) year post admission experience in commercial law and litigation practice in a comparable organization.
Competencies required for this role
- Strong administrative skills
- Excellent decision making skills and capabilities
- Excellent planning, organizational and analytical skills
- Resilient, focused and results oriented.
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Motivated, dynamic and dedicated team player.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships.
The post Officer – Litigation at Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.