Officer – Network Management at Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) was established by an Act of Parliament, Chapter 469 of the laws of Kenya , which became effective on 1st July 1995 . The Authority is charged with the responsibility of collecting revenue on behalf of the Government of Kenya. A Board of Directors, consisting of both public and private sector experts, makes policy decisions to be implemented by KRA Management. The Chairman of the Board is appointed by the President of the Republic of Kenya . The Chief Executive of the Authority is the Commissioner General who is appointed by the Minister for Finance. PURPOSE OF KRA Assessment , Collection, Administration and Enforcement of laws relating to revenue.
Department: Corporate Support Services
Division: Information and Communication Technology
Work Station: Nairobi
The jobholder is responsible for deployment and day-to-day support of corporate Wide Area Networks, to ensure 24/7 availability of all network services.
- Deploy, support and maintain corporate Wide Area Networks, VPNs and LANs in the Regions.
- Performs the Bi-annual preventive maintenance services for WAN and its associated hardware in support to users.
- Works closely with vendors and other network analysts, technicians and system engineers to identify performance issues and schedule updates and patches.
- Participates in root cause analysis of problem management with other ICT sections.
- Reviews request to implement new or modify existing network systems and determines whether the request warrants a full assessment.
- Maintain a detailed and up to date inventory of IT Infrastructure equipment.
- Assists Design and planning team in the development of functional specification documents as necessary.
- Secure the network system by enforcing policies defined by ISS.
- Ensure conformity to ISO (9001:2015 and 27001:2013) and data security requirements
- Degree in Computer Engineering/Electrical & electronics Engineering/Telecommunications Engineering/Computer Science
- At least one of the following Certifications: Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Network + (CompTIA)
Technical Skills Required
- Proper understanding of networking hardware e.g. Routers, Switches and Firewalls.
- Demonstrated understanding of network implementation concepts including switching VLANs to segmentations, routing, IP sub-netting, unicast, multicast, broadcast, DHCP, Access control lists, routing protocols, encryption, authentication, and/or IP packet forwarding.
- Detailed knowledge and experience in Open Short Path First (SSPF), Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP, Boarder Gateway Protocol (BGP), MPLS and VPNs.
- Design and Implementation of 802.11 wireless networks
- Strong grasp of technology impact of business awareness
Relevant Work Experience
- Proven experience in networking technology especially routing and switching technology facets of design, build, configuration and troubleshooting for at least one (1) year.
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Communication skills
- Team player
- Work well under pressure
The post Officer – Network Management at Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.