Oncology Nurse at Karen Hospital
The role is responsible for provision of excellent and compassionate nursing care to patients.
- · Assist medical staff in the overall care of the patient and to ensure the prescribed treatment is given.
- · Maintain personal contact with patients ensuring that they understand their treatment and that their needs are met as far as possible.
- · To utilize the standards and procedures of nursing care to continuously improve the quality of nursing and exceed the patients’ expectations and participate in audits within their departments.
- · To communicate with other professionals and all relevant parties in order to advocate effectively for the patients.
- · To ensure all patients are treated with dignity, privacy and respect and that the patients are encouraged to be involved in decision making related to their care.
- · Implement infection control measures to provide a safe environment for patients, staff and others.
- · To be knowledgeable of the equipment in ward/department and to safe guard hospital/patient property and equipment from damage, wastage or loss.
- · To ensure accurate documentation, proper record keeping and storage for continuity, quality and legal reference.
- · To utilize available resources effectively to ensure quality service delivery, profitability, cost containment while closely adhering to the budget.
- · KRN, KRN/KRM, KRCHN or Bachelor of Science in Nursing. Higher Diploma in Haematology / Oncology or Breast Cancer is added advantage.
- 6 years of relevant work experience 2 of which must be in oncology units.
- BLS certified
- High standards of grooming and personal etiquette.
- Excellent communication and customer care skills.
The post Oncology Nurse at Karen Hospital appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.