Ongoing Recruitment at Fundifix Limited (June, 2018 Recommended Jobs)
Welcome to JobwebKenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
FundiFix is a social enterprise that provides professional maintenance and repair services for water supply infrastructure including handpumps, generators, submersible pumps, booster pumps, control panels, solar systems, pipelines, tanks and other accessories. FundiFix currently operates in Kitui and Kwale Counties of Kenya.
Business Development Manager
- Job TypeFull Time
- Location Kitui
- Job Field Sales / Marketing
Reports to: Director, FundiFix
Closing Date: Friday 22nd June 2018
Duty Station: Mwingi North Sub-County, Kitui County
Languages Required: English, Swahili and Kamba
Contract Duration: 6 months with possibility for extension
Role of Candidate: FundiFix is seeking to recruit a Business Development Manager (BDM) for its Kitui Office. He/She will manage business operations and demonstrate results and impact of maintenance on water services access.
The BDM should have an entrepreneurial mind-set and is expected to spearhead FundiFix’s business growth and emergence to a leading water services repair and maintenance service provider in Kenya.
The position includes working closely with the County Government, local NGOs, community-based organizations and other WASH actors at the County level.
The BDM will be responsible for;
- Promoting and positioning FundiFix as the go to service provider for water related repair and maintenance services, and supply of water equipment.
- Strategically developing and growing the repair and maintenance business with the County Government, community-based organizations and institutions such as hospitals, dispensaries, schools, churches etc.
- Contributing to the strategic planning of FundiFix business development in Kenya and develop new portfolios, markets and partners.
- Ensuring good customer service and professionalism in delivery of FundiFix services to clients.
- Managing and nurturing a skilled and motivated human resource that includes mobile water and electro-mechanical technicians.
- Capacity building of local CBOs and self-help groups managing rural water schemes to embrace good governance including accountability measures.
- Performance monitoring and reporting on FundiFix performance to the County Government and partners.
- Collaboration with partner programmes and delivery of any other task(s) assigned from time to time.
- Minimum of Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in relevant subjects including Water/Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or Business Management.
- 3-5 years of experience in water services management, maintenance or sales and installation of water equipment and infrastructure in Kenya.
- Work experience in Kitui County or similar ASAL counties and fluent in spoken Kamba language. Natives of Kitui County are encouraged to apply.
- Entrepreneurial attitude and pro-active networker with a good eye for business opportunities.
- Ability to independently identify, develop, acquire, manage and deliver new business opportunities.
- Strong interpersonal skills, presentation and communication skills in order to quickly build relationships, communicate, present/speak effectively to different client groups.
- Strong verbal and writing skills and the ability to present ideas and information both clearly and concisely.
- Job TypeFull Time
- Location Kitui
- Job Field Administration / Secretarial
Location: Based in Kyuso Town with less than 20% field travel within Kitui County
Deadline to apply: 26th June 2017
Desired start date: July 2017
Length of commitment: 6 Months, with a 3 -month probation period.
The Office Administrator will be responsible for day to day office management, mainly financial book keeping, customer care management, data management and other operations support roles. He/She will work closely with the business development manager and technicians to ensure that the company is able to effectively and efficiently deliver services to its clientele. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Financial Management – Raising of quotations and invoices for different clients and managing receivables. Managing and posting petty cash transactions. Updating and maintaining accounting journals, ledgers and other records detailing financial business transactions (e.g., disbursements, expense vouchers, receipts, and accounts payable). Staff payroll management, handling VAT and other statutory deduction returns. Generation of trial balance and P/L account. Undertaking monthly bank reconciliations. Preparation of budgets and provision of financial information for audit purposes when required.
- Internal and external communication – Manage all office communication channels, including phone, email and postal address. Receive and record all queries, and ensure that complaints/reports received from clients are promptly relayed to the business development manager. Provide feedback to clients on status, progress of their requests, repairs and payments.
- Human resource management – Maintain staff records and assist in ensuring compliance with all national legal and statutory requirements for the management of its staff.
- Procurement and Stock management – Carryout routine activities to purchase goods and services from vendors. Maintaining up to date records of all stocks (spare parts or repair materials) at the Office and triggering re-orders.
- Operations support – Assist in coordinating key activities such as community meetings, workshops and/or special events. Attend regular meetings with the County Government, Communities, Partners and other stakeholders to ensure uptake of the company’s services.
- Reporting – Daily data management and contribute to preparation of progress/performance reports and financial statements.
- Diploma in Business management, Accounting or related field.
- Minimum of CPA Part 1 (section 2) qualification.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office packages, especially Excel, Word, Powerpoint and Access.
- Strong presentation and communication skills in order to communicate, present, with ability to assert and speak to all the different clients involved.
- Verbal and written skills and ability to present ideas and information both clearly and concisely; strong ability to influence customers/clients,
- Excellent organizational, team player, multi-tasking skills with strong sense of initiative and responsibility;
- Results oriented, and ability to monitor and report and work effectively in a team-oriented, multi-cultural environment;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to develop and maintain effective relations with clients.
- At least one year of work experience.
- Excellent verbal and written English and Kiswahili languages.
- Fluency (Native) in Kamba language is required.
If you fit this profile we invite you to apply for this position by sending your CV (3 page max) and motivation letter to [email protected]
Please include details of at least 3 references.
Applications must be sent via email before mid-night on Friday 22nd June 2018.