Operations Director Job, Engineering Jobs In Kenya 2020,
Title: Operations Director – HVAC,
Report to: C.O.O,
Our client is a leading engineering and contracting company. They seek to hire a well-experienced individual to manage the overall Mechanical Division and be fully responsible for achieving annual planned turn over including P & L responsibility of the Division. He should also possess excellent communication and leadership skills and knowledge on Contracting of all Mechanical Services.
- Review and coordination of mechanical engineering design submittals from contractors, as well as following up site supervision, design conflicts and variation orders for the client.
- Review technical submissions and design layouts as well as material submittals from contractors.
- Lead, by example, the team of Mechanical Engineers by delegating work according to project priorities, technical challenges and contractual milestones.
- Plan and maintain project budgets and schedule planning activities with team and managers.
- Attend and lead progress & technical meetings, discuss and suggest technical proposals.
- Take part in project and risk management reviews.
- Coordinate between the construction and contractors’ engineering teams ensuring that all requirements are conveyed clearly and delivered upon.
- Coordinate with quantity surveyors or payment appreciations and change orders.
- Assist the Technical Office Manager on Technical and Department issues.
- Review and approve the shop drawings, Material Submittals with respect to the project Specification and Standards of practice submitted by contractors.
- Continually review the contractor’s construction schedule during the progress of site works.
- Review Contractor’s material proposals against specified technical performance requirements and advise the Technical Manager on the appropriateness of the proposals.
- Review Contractor’s proposed sub-contractor(s) associated with the mechanical engineering packages.
- Support review of subcontractors’ invoices, when required for technical assistance.
- Documenting project issues/conditions.
- Monitoring, coaching and developing Mechanical Engineering team members.
- Maintaining organized and detailed project records.
- Assures the contractor’s Design and Material Deliverables are as per project requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of 12 years of experience in HVAC / Plumbing / Fire Fighting Services / Domain
- Professional Engineer license
- Knowledge on Contracting of all Mechanical Services will be an added advantage
- Experience with 3D Modeling programs such as AutoCAD
- Proven track record of leading teams
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Punctual and able to meet deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
How to apply